Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Musical

• 12-09-2011 5:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭

About to buy some tickets for this, has anybody any info about the show?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Part circus, part theatre and part animated movie it is an unusual hybrid of formats which succeeds in bringing the Batman story to life an entertaining way.
    http://yay.ie/2011/review-batman-live-the-o2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

"BATMAN LIVE will be a totally unique experience. This is not a musical but a high quality live show with a thrilling Batman story, filled with action, that will appeal to adults, teenagers and families," said Nick Grace. "Batman is more than a comic book character, he's a cultural phenomenon and we are proud to have this opportunity to be involved with one of the most popular DC Super Heroes in the world today."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Ohhhhh I beg your pardon.

Ohhhhh I beg your pardon.

Sorry! I didn't realise my full post didn't go through (dogs distracting me).
    I just meant to say '... odd, is it a musical or not' as in genuinely curious

It's a fair question, I've double checked and the title actually doesn't have the word 'musical' in it.

But it's not a concert either... guess I'm in the wrong forum though I'm not sure where I should be.

• Advertisement

It's a theatre production of some sort so there's no bother it being here, Theatre & Performing Arts might be good too, not too sure. See if many more here know/heard about it?

Sounds interesting though, I was curious because I was trying to picture Batman:The Musical (70s batman would do well here lol). I've a friend who'd be into it (once it wasn't a musical).

Just wondering if it's a trend with that Spiderman fiasco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Apparently they're desperate to distance themselves from the Spiderman musical. This is an all action, no singing affair. And apparently has been done well. I was reading up on this and it seems to be getting great reviews. Part of me did want it to be a musical based on the 60's show with Adam West starring, but I guess that may never be.

Well it's settled then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I've got tickets to go see it on the 1st,not really looking foreward to it but that review is a bit more encouraging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

Ticket prices are cheap enough, tickets from €23? Good for a night out :D

Yeah but what kind of seat will that get you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

My son and hubby are seeing it on the 1st he got middle of the road seats, I hope the view will be ok for them as its a surprise for my son aged 7!

Went to see it last night and have to say it was brilliant. A great spectacle though I would say there are some parts that I don't think are too suitable for younger children.

Visuals were great and it was brilliant to see all the different environments created on the one stage. If I had to highlight one flaw I would say that they crammed alot of characters into the show and maybe it suffered for it.

Advertisement