Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

won ticket to Gears of War Launch Event!

Options
  • 12-09-2011 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

hi guys

I won a ticket through joe.ie for the upcoming event, what will be going on that nite, ive never been to a launch befor, will there be any freebe's

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

maybe free gargle, definitely free finger foods

possible a free tshirt or something

definitely no free game

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

ah man was looking forward to getting the game :( for free

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

No free game for everyone scenario but im sure they will have Gears Xbox360's and games as prizes on the night.

found this when doing a search http://www.edelman.ie/index.php/2011/09/win-tickets-to-the-gears-of-war-3-launch-event-with-xbox/
    Xbox have partnered with two of Ireland’s most popular websites: Joe.ie, and entertainment.ie, to offer fans of their new Gears of War 3 game the opportunity to win exclusive tickets to the launch event along with a copy of the game. Gears of War 3 will be released in Ireland on the 20th September, but you could be in with a chance to play the game at the launch party in The Workman’s Club on September 19th. To enter for your chance to win, simply click on either of the following links to Joe.ie and entertainment.ie, and answer the competition question.

fingers crossed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

omega42 wrote: »

then you won a copy of the game as well as winning a pass to the event

you dont get the game for being at the event though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

omega42 wrote: »
    hi guys

I won a ticket through joe.ie for the upcoming event, what will be going on that nite, ive never been to a launch befor, will there be any freebe's

Entered that one today, when was the closing date or are they drawing a winner a day up to the launch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

I've been to a few launches with my old work where all you got was some free finger food and maybe a drink if your lucky and a handful that have actually sent you away with something of value. Hope you get a free copy!

Entered that one today, when was the closing date or are they drawing a winner a day up to the launch?

No idea Duck, I just recieved an email from the PR firm saying i was a winner

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Nice prize would be a bit of craic freebies or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

The last time Edleman did this was for Halo: Reach and there was a free bar for most of the night (which is why the place was full of hipster tossers laughing with one another about how they're all too cool to own an XBox). Made me cross, had they given us 30 or 40 tickets for Boardsies, we could've had actual potential customers in at the event...

But I got to spend time with DeVore talking to Steven Cooper who was hosting the event and Jamie Heaslip (who was on the celebrity team) for 10 or 15 mins about games and rugby and life in general and I met Idris Elba :) Most importantly, I got to watch a Boards.ie Halo team who'd never played together put up a good challenge to a long established Halo team who've won the Irish WCG on several occasions :D That was pretty cool.

But this will possibly be more of the same, no idea about the free bar, certainly none of the tickets we got for Boards are coming with a free copy of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

Classy prize Omega! I've entered it too today, hoping that its not too late to enter/win!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I've entered 4 competitions to try and win tickets for myself and a mate to go, if I fail to get a pair I better win the lotto to make up for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SpaZticHero

Elrollo wrote: »
    I've entered it too today, hoping that its not too late to enter/win!

Same here. Literally only just saw the competition about an hour a go.
    Would do almost anything to go. Free game or not.

You have absolutely have I idea how jealous I am of you right now, omega.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Will ya be able to even buy a copy at it? Or will ya have to pop out to one of the stores open to get it?

Went along tonight... Hung around for an hour mainly cause I was getting free coors light. There was 8 large screens for multiplayer and around 4 small pods for 2 player co op. I left before 8 and it was fairly busy, you'd have been waiting a good while to get a game, I didn't get a chance myself, just checked out the new maps, game modes etc...

No freebies at all from what I could see...

just home, no freebies, apart from coors light, managed to get a game but xbox kept restarting, looks a brill game but not a great event

Yep, didn't think it was good myself.. Hung around for an hour and din't get a chance to play. Just stood there drinking free beer and watching people pay.. Decided to go home where I can drink beer the missus got me and play the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I was there. Q'ed for a while to play on the 60" tellys, finally got a game, was doing really well, chainsawed three opponents in a row, then got kicked off so the celebrity team could play. :(

Them's the breaks I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

It was ok, got a good feel of the game and definitely gonna buy it.

Advertisement