Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOST! Two Jack Russell Terriers...

Options
  • 12-09-2011 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭

Mods, I hope this is ok here... I already posted it in the Lost & Found thread but want maximum exposure...

TWO JACK RUSSELL TERRIERS TAKEN/LET LOOSE

Our two JRT's were taken (side entrance to the garden was open when we got home today) or let loose from our back garden today in Mulhuddart, Dublin 15.

Star is a 3 year old male and Buffy is around the same age but female.

Star can be very nervous around people he doesn't know but Buffy will give love to anyone... Please if you see them contact me, they are beloved family pets. Buffy recently gave birth to a litter of pups and while they are all re homed she was producing milk up until very recently.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Will keep a look-out - realistically, do you think they got out accidentally or do you thing someone could have taken them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

:(

Oh no.

Will defo keep an eye out and tell my son to spread the word in school.

This is my worst nightmare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Arciphel wrote: »
    Will keep a look-out - realistically, do you think they got out accidentally or do you thing someone could have taken them?

Realistically I think they were taken. All signs are pointing to this, our side gate was unlocked but closed when we got home and it is locked at all times, we NEVER use the side entrance, hence why it is locked all the time.

We had people collecting the puppies all last week today is the first day the house has been left alone since the last puppy left last week...

We've rang all vets in the area and left messages on the Ashtown pounds voicemail and Dogs Aid etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Oh no January thats awful!! Will keep my eyes peeled. Put flyers up in the local shops/supermarkets aswell as on the lost and found sites. My friend setup a facebook page and it literally went nationwide. I really hope you find them safe ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

hope you get star and buffy back soon January,
    maybe try emailing these guyshttp://www.adogslife.ie/ they have people who go into the pound in dunbouyne every few days to take pictures of the dogs there, im sure they would keep an eye out

• Advertisement

Buffy was found this morning in Tyrellstown, some lovely woman took her in and rang a vet in the area to see if anybody had reported it missing...

Still no sign of Star but have a couple of leads from the pound (two people have rang with descriptions matching him) and an idea of the general area he could be in if he did go with Buffy...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

Im sure I seen the other dog in Mulhuddart this morning. Sorry didnt get to write this sooner.
    When I drove up to get a closer look it ran off with a small terrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

January wrote: »
    Mods, I hope this is ok here... I already posted it in the Lost & Found thread but want maximum exposure...

TWO JACK RUSSELL TERRIERS TAKEN/LET LOOSE

Our two JRT's were taken (side entrance to the garden was open when we got home today) or let loose from our back garden today in Mulhuddart, Dublin 15.

Star is a 3 year old male and Buffy is around the same age but female.

Star can be very nervous around people he doesn't know but Buffy will give love to anyone... Please if you see them contact me, they are beloved family pets. Buffy recently gave birth to a litter of pups and while they are all re homed she was producing milk up until very recently.

Any news on the one still missing?

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Im sure I seen the other dog in Mulhuddart this morning. Sorry didnt get to write this sooner.
    When I drove up to get a closer look it ran off with a small terrier.

Thanks :) I think we've found him though, the manager of the Pet Shop in Tyrellstown found a male Jack Russell yesterday and has had him since, he's not off work til 8pm though so have to wait until then to see if it's actually him but the description matches pretty close... Gate is firmly locked now with a padlock... so hopefully we'll have no more disappearances if we do get him back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Great news that they're both found!

By any chance was it the strong wind that opened the gate? I'm in Mulhuddart as well and I'd hate to think someone around here deliberately went and opened the gate and let them out.

• Advertisement

Great news that they're both found!

By any chance was it the strong wind that opened the gate? I'm in Mulhuddart as well and I'd hate to think someone around here deliberately went and opened the gate and let them out.

They're both home safe and sound now, delighted...

I'm not a small girl and I have to shoulder the door open when I'm trying to open it it's that stiff... I'd hate to think it myself but there's really no other explanation and the gate was closed again when we got home. We have a strip of metal blocking the gap at the bottom so they can't get under it because Buffy nearly got stuck under it once... so they didn't just escape.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Glad to hear they are safely back home!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Nice to hear some good news January!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 PARANA

Great to hear they are back home:)) It is really upsetting when they go missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Delighted for ya!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

A good news ending thank god!

Advertisement