Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nicest chinese on just eat

• 12-09-2011 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

I fancy a chinese tonight choice between

golden mountain
    treasure inn

which is the nicest

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

What are you looking to have? I recently had some plum duck from Pa Pa Thai and it was delish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭blaa85

Treasure Inn. Was coming up as closed the last few weeks, so I tried the other two. Golden Mountain was nice, very salty though, didn't like the other one, Chefs Inn. Might get a Satay later, now you've put the thought in me head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Pa pa Thai rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

seanybiker wrote: »
    Pa pa Thai rules.

Sorry for going off topic but is pa pa thai still open?? Last two-times we went in there in was dead!! Hard to believe how it keeps going. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Yup still open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭nialeon

Had golden mountain last night!!! :-( ..was not good @ all!!! pa pa thai...top notch thou!! as is curry garden !. treasure inn... go for it. :-)

Yup still open.

Thanks for that! Must pop down some night so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Golden Mountain is notoriously bad. I've never met anyone who said it was any good. Treasure Inn is grand though.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭leprechaun47

golden mountain is very nice!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

ya cant beat a curry from howayas in passage east. worth the spin (dont make eye contact with the locals though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

kkdela6 wrote: »
    ya cant beat a curry from howayas in passage east. worth the spin (dont make eye contact with the locals though)

Did they not get into bother over hygiene a while back?

jimbojazz wrote: »
    Did they not get into bother over hygiene a while back?

didnt heaar anything but considering its in passage i wouldnt be suprised at all. air borne toxins might give the sweet and sour a bit of flavour

I remember reading ages ago about people giving out that Tayto crisps weren't as nice, and put a lot of people off. Turned out they had cleaned out the factory for the first time in years!

I know it's not chinese, but Planet Spice is bloody gorgeous, they were stink for a few weeks, back on top form now! Ring em up and ask for a spicy lamb saag, no option for it on just-eat. You'll never eat anything else again.

blaa85 wrote: »
    You'll never eat anything else again.

:D Not that it'll rot your insides, As in it's so nice you'll only want to eat lamb saag.

I dont know what saag is, but i love lamb so il definitely give it a go. Knowing that im eating a poor defenceless creature that was never allowed to grow into a mature sheep and live a long and fulfilling life.. beats any sauce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Pa pa Thai rules.

Where is Pa Pa Thai ?
    Is that the place on the quay.

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Where is Pa Pa Thai ?
    Is that the place on the quay.

It's down opposite where the three shippes pub is by the peoples park. Not sure of the name of the street....possibly Canada street I think!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

It's down opposite where the three shippes pub is by the peoples park. Not sure of the name of the street....possibly Canada street I think!!

CHEERS
    Thank you.
    Used to be Tuk Tuk Thai i think...

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    CHEERS
    Thank you.
    Used to be Tuk Tuk Thai i think...

That's the one!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

One thing about the chinese places...they're not as big into the deals as other places. Pa pa Thai is quite expensive.

The Chinese over in ferrybank is actually very nice with fast delivery.

I was in the briar Rose for a drink last Wednesday and had myself a battered mars bar. A one off culinary experience.

• Advertisement
Advertisement