Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scam in West Cork

Options
  • 12-09-2011 7:13pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Be careful., people. My friend's elderly mam opened the door the other night. This guy had a bundle of cash that he said he was bringing back, having recovered it from some youths.

She told him she never kept cash in the house, but he tried to insist she go and check on her money(and thus reveal if she had any hidden.)Fortunately, she doesn't keep much in the house and she copped what was going on.

Might be no harm to make people aware of this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Thanks for that. I have a few elderly neighbours and I will inform them.

What will the scumbags think of next???:mad::mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

She's a bit shaken about it, rotten what these guys do to older people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

She's a bit shalen about it, rotten what these guys do to older people.

I wouldnt blame her. Those persons have no regard for life

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭chipsdave

Doesnt sound like much of a "scam" to be honest ,like something a child would make up !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

chipsdave wrote: »
    Doesnt sound like much of a "scam" to be honest ,like something a child would make up !

It only needs to work once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 dublinbogger

with or without the garda u should set up a text alert scheme with older folks akerting them of such scams as i know people dont found out until its too late

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Should have said "Thanks very much", grabbed the cash and closed the door :D

Advertisement