Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno XX, SSF IV: AE Tournament, 01/10/11, Exchange, Temple Bar, Dublin

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

No
    This rain sickens me, anyway on my way in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

No
    Just to let you guys know, I'm on the bus up to Dublin right now so I'll be there at about 1 like i said yesterday so sign me up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

No
    Good stuff today lads.

Really looking forward to Doom's videos.

I always enjoy the top 8 more with the pro commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

who won?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

No
    Good games all!

Thanks to everyone involved. Special mention to having the bracket on the wall. AMAZING.

EDIT.

Top 3 was,

1.Hound
    2.Cobelcog
    3.ladnapoka

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

No
    GGs to all, cant wait to see the replays

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

No
    First of all, big thanks to Rachel/AJ who printed off the group and brackets sheets so I didn't have to do it ghetto style again this month and to whichever one of them had the idea of putting all the A4 pages on the back wall. Absolutely fantastic.

Massive thanks to those who brought equipment and to Sinead for doing her recording duties and Rachel for looking after the money.

Last, but not least, thanks to all those who attended.

If Tom from the Exchange happens to stumble across this thread, a huge thanks to him for coming in when he wasn't even supposed to be there to open up for us. (Even if it was two and a half hours late!)

Congratulations to the top three, especially Hound for what he considers his first proper tournament win and Ladnopoka for breaking into the top three.

Inferno XXI will be the first Saturday of November.

Also, forgot to say it at the tournament, but the winner of Inferno XX has been offered free entry into Clash X Counter and free entry into one tournament of his choice at said event.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

No
    Inferno XXI will be the first Saturday of November.

Also, forgot to say it at the tournament, but the winner of Inferno XX has been offered free entry into Clash X Counter and free entry into one tournament of his choice at said event.

Just checked it there on a calendar, Inferno'll be November 5th and is the weekend after CxC3.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No
    Right, just so you know, as much as I love you lot I am downloading Doctor Who before uploading the matches :D

Bear with me!

Good tournament, got hammered in the top 16 but that's ok to be honest.

I think the Hauppage might be on it's last legs. More investigation required.

I also might try and purchase another vga converter, see if the screen issue today was because of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

No
    Right, just so you know, as much as I love you lot I am downloading Doctor Who before uploading the matches :D
    Hurry up!! im dying to see the replays :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Sounded like a good one.Was it a big turn out,considering the weather
    Has any one got the top 16?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭spacenugget

Just to say thanks for the experinance lads. GGs to everyone I played and hopefully I can make it to more in the future. Had to head by 4:30 to grab the bus and I was falling asleep on my feet in anycase.
    (just woke from a fantastic powernap :o was wrecked)

Glad i finally made it to an event and can now put some faces to the names on here. The difference in timing really shook me the first few matches, I really should have played a casual or two but I was far too nervous for my own good. I'll get looking at my setup as Im guessing my TV must be lagging like hell because I had to do a lot of adjusting my timings and such.

The skill level is seriously on a different level, was a pleasure to get some games against you lads. Im going to have to level up fast. :o

Again thanks for the experience and it was great to meet ye :) :pac:

Next time Ill hopefully be more social, severe lack of sleep and nerves killed some of my spirt today ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

can some one do up the stats on the amount of attendees over the last few months ?

No
    Ladies and gents, my 1,000th video :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

No
    Think I'll wait for it to be in HD before watching it. Currently only in glorious 240p!

No
    720P is done now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

great tournament great experience weird monitors, 2/3 ain't bad

and to joe who "called me out" on it i wasn't complaining for the sake of it, it was p bad

ggs all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

No
    Hey guys, just in the door about 20 minutes, an awful lot of travelling for me today.

Anyway, ggs to everyone I played today. I was generally happy with my performance today. I know I didn't do too well in groups but apart from ladnapoka ( who completely slaughtered me! ) I was able to stand my ground against everyone. The fact I had Cobelcog on edge during our game is bit of an achievement in itself for me. Heh, hard to believe it was only last year I was getting slaughtered when I went to Inferno!

Also, I finally got to do my Juicebox ultra imitation in a tournament as well during my match with Roogle, that was quite funny actually. I didn't fall asleep either! :pac:

Congrats to Hound for winning, he deserves it especially after coming close to winning so many tournaments in the past.

Now, I'll wait for the matches with me commenting to be uploaded ( to cringe at how bad they are! ) and ladnopoka to upload the matches I played in his group.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

No
    About the monitors it's actually really hard to find monitors that have 0 lag, I find the ones we used today very manageable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

No
    Shenmue is the best game ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Zoomyzoom

No
    Hey guys,

Hope everyone is well and good :) Big thanks to everyone for Saturday and congratulations to the top three :) Many thanks (Chopper) for letting me help out... my better half came up with that idea! Had such a good time, even if the was bucketing outside!

Advertisement