Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB have really annoyed me

• 12-09-2011 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

So this is the story. back in May i was talking to my grandfather about how you can check everything online. This came about because his bill was late arriving.

So me being me went online to see what the story was. Because he doesnt know much about computers this was his first time using the online service. so i done all this for him. All that was grand and all that came up was 'your bill is not due yet'

I told him that and went on about my business. Later checking my emails i realised i some how have signed up for online payment. Not at all impressed. The next day we get a letter asking us for credit and debit details so i rang ESB and told them that we only pay cash to the post office for convienience. The CS rep told me to send an email to such and such to cancel the online billing. I done that without hesitation. A week later i get another email 'your bill is due' so i ring ESB and i told them i dont want to pay by debit. He was kind and said he would post out the bill cause i explained our situation. I asked him would we be guaranteed to be getting paper bill in future he said that we would i was happy.

Friday the bill came all was good. Monday I get another email from Electric Ireland going on about pay online. again i rang and said im still being asked to pay online the rep asked me to email them i said i had and then they said there is a slight delay that it should be attended to within 2 weeks. that was all okay. So i read somewhere that the next bill was to be out on the 8th of August.

I was away for this month and never decided to follow up if a bill came or not i forgot really cause i dont pay it. today im checking my emails and i see the Bill. Raging the bill is well over a month late and no one knew because we were expecting it by post after we being told it would be sent by post. Just gives the grandparents a bad look something they done need.

Like how are they suppose to pay the bill if they dont get it. :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi shannon_tek,

I'm sorry to hear the bill was never received by post.
    Later checking my emails i realised i some how have signed up for online payment. The next day we get a letter asking us for credit and debit details so i rang ESB and told them that we only pay cash to the post office for convienience. The CS rep told me to send an email to such and such to cancel the online billing.

Can you clarify what you mean by online payment? We don't require any of our customers to pay online; do you mean online billing (i.e. registering online to view your bills, rather than paying online)? Only in the case of signing up to pay by direct debit would your bank details be required.

A customer can be registered online while continuing to pay in the post office if he/she so wishes.
    rameire wrote:
    Because he doesnt know much about computers this was his first time using the online service. so i done all this for him.

Was it at this point that you registered your grandfather's account online to your own email address?

Due to data protection restrictions, we can only discuss the account with the registered account holder, so unless your grandfather has given explicit permission for you to deal with the account on his behalf, unfortunately I would be limited in any further help I could offer via PM.

However, if you do have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement