Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac's Motors, Blackrock Rd.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

looks like its a private house, somewhere on the city side end of the blackrock rd.

there are no car dealerships on the blackrock rd that i know of, and i drive it everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

I don't think it's a private house with 17 cars. It wouldn't be the place in behind the garage at the start of Church Road would it? It was empty for a while but perhaps someone else has taken it over now?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

It actually is someone operating out of his house, phoned him and he drove the car to meet us, chap formerly of McCarthy Motors in Ballycurreen. Different times...

It actually is someone operating out of his house, phoned him and he drove the car to meet us, chap formerly of McCarthy Motors in Ballycurreen. Different times...

Interesting thread in the motors forum about a Mini they sold, deathtrap of a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cdlc

Wouldn't honestly touch this "garage" with a bargepole; personal experience & the worst experience I've ever ever had with any garage. Was foolish enough to buy a car from this guy. I'm nearly a grand down on repair work & it's still not fixed. Utter conman in my experience. I would really scream at anybody not to touch! The nicey-ness you get when you're buying the car doesn't last long!
    RoverJames wrote: »

Interesting thread in the motors forum about a Mini they sold, deathtrap of a thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

I contacted this guy about a car before, he seemed fairly nice and professional and we had arranged to meet, however he seemed to change his tune abruptly when rang back I asked about trading in my current car.
    Almost seemed annoyed/angry at the idea of doing a trade in!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

speaking from personal experience here (it is 4 or 5 year back) don't touch this outfit with a barge pole, I was dealing with the wife at the time and pushy would be an understatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cdlc

Complete opposite experience to Enterprise; was sold a death trap & had problems with the car from the very beginning. This "gentleman's" idea of after sales service is to hang up the phone on you when you ring with an issue & then point blank refusing to pay for repair work when the car should still be within a used car warranty. An absolute disgrace & I wouldn't touch with a bargepole. Rip off merchant!
    Extraordinarily rude man on top of all that!
    cdlc wrote: »
    Wouldn't honestly touch this "garage" with a bargepole; personal experience & the worst experience I've ever ever had with any garage. Was foolish enough to buy a car from this guy. I'm nearly a grand down on repair work & it's still not fixed. Utter conman in my experience. I would really scream at anybody not to touch! The nicey-ness you get when you're buying the car doesn't last long!
    RoverJames wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Enterprise1's post seems to have disappeared. In any event, I think people get the idea. It's good to see other people have had similar experiences with these people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement