Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick IT Sunshine and Lollipops thread

Options
  • 12-09-2011 7:59pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I dunno if there is a thread up like this already but I thought I'd put one up for the general goins on and banter around and about Lit.

So anyway the events for freshers week are up,whos' goin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Did everything get off to a good start?

I went up last Monday to do my FYP presentation and in typical LIT fashion, the computer was bolloxed! Took ages to get it going. :D

Some things just don't change...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

mars bar wrote: »
    Did everything get off to a good start?

I went up last Monday to do my FYP presentation and in typical LIT fashion, the computer was bolloxed! Took ages to get it going. :D

Some things just don't change...

I think thats more an Irish thing than anything else.

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I think thats more an Irish thing than anything else.

I dunno, haven't had one ounce of trouble with my laptop in 3 years (touch wood!). I ended up doing my presentation off my laptop on the desk instead of at the top of the room.

Then I saw the computer services have a tenner of my money in my print account that I will never use again. :mad: It was salt in wounds stuff seeing as I had just spent €200 on my FYP printing and binding...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭munkus

Mars Bar,

Would I be right in saying that you are referring to computer labs being managed by the Electronics department? All other labs are managed by the Computer Services Department and are very reliable. Don't paint the whole college with that brush.

munkus wrote: »
    Mars Bar,

Would I be right in saying that you are referring to computer labs being managed by the Electronics department? All other labs are managed by the Computer Services Department and are very reliable. Don't paint the whole college with that brush.

It's a computer up in Block 15 across from studio C. It's not in the Electronics labs.

I'd say for every 3 working computers in LIT, there is one broken or slow one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭munkus

The Electical and Electronics department manage the Video and sound labs/Edit suites in Block 15. For 1 in 4 PCs to be either broken or slow you are talking about 250 at any one time. Somehow I doubt this.

munkus wrote: »
    The Electical and Electronics department manage the Video and sound labs/Edit suites in Block 15. For 1 in 4 PCs to be either broken or slow you are talking about 250 at any one time. Somehow I doubt this.

Ok, maybe not that many but I'd say there's easily 70-100 computers not up to scratch at any one time. There was numerous times in 1st and 2nd year in the Electronics labs where we had to double or even triple up on computers because others didn't work.

Don't get me started on the printers!

Anyway, I'll never be using one in there again so not to worry...

Electronics department bad ehh,perhaps I shouldn't have decided to do my degree there

So you can only top up your print account by credit/debit card or by 3v,thats annoying and the library is ridiculously noisy.
    Just my thoughts 1 month in.

So you can only top up your print account by credit/debit card or by 3v,thats annoying and the library is ridiculously noisy.
    Just my thoughts 1 month in.

Yep, it seems very silly to only allow you to do it online.
    Some people just don't trust things like that.

Library is still noisy? Some things don't change!

• Advertisement

mars bar wrote: »
    Yep, it seems very silly to only allow you to do it online.
    Some people just don't trust things like that.

Just saying in my previous college there was top up machines in the it centre/library,much handier.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Just saying in my previous college there was top up machines in the it centre/library,much handier.

There was a print credit machine between the stairs to the library and the computer centre last year (or, it may have been the year before last). It's a shame they got rid of it - at least, I think it's gone, I hadn't even thought to take a look since I haven't needed to print anything yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Hawk Wing 2

the library is a disgrace, the amount of Muppets that were in there on face book and whatnot taking up computers over the last few week is ridiculous, at least they have blocked a few sites now

Advertisement