Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mystery Man around town today

• 12-09-2011 8:07pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else see a man walking around town today...just talking to people? He was dressed like he was going to a wedding or something...top hat and everything...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Its no mystery, its just the Aurora Borealis. Again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

longshanks wrote: »
    Its no mystery, its just the Aurora Borealis. Again.

At this time of the year and in this part of the country? Damn I wish I could have seen it. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Its the spanish guy and yes he was going to a wedding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Did a scan on facebook for anyone else commenting about him. Couldn't find anything til i came across the Fitzgeralds facebook page... they have a picture of him up. I thought they were doing some kind of promotion but their manager assured me that he's NOTHING to do with them. The mystery continues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,337 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

can u post a pic?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Nope, didn't see him. Also, will this man be the next big star around Waterford? We do get a lot of these. Perhaps there just isnt anything else to do.

Usually all you have to do is get up on a roof to become a star around these parts. I got up on the roof of my shed earlier. Even shouted a few random things here and there. Nothing came of it though. Mind you I do live in a ghost estate. That may have something to do with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Did a scan on facebook for anyone else commenting about him. Couldn't find anything til i came across the Fitzgeralds facebook page... they have a picture of him up. I thought they were doing some kind of promotion but their manager assured me that he's NOTHING to do with them. The mystery continues
    Fitzgeralds faceache page? Gissa link will ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

I saw him :)

• Advertisement

Kanoe wrote: »
    I saw him :)

Did you talk to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Usually all you have to do is get up on a roof to become a star around these parts. I got up on the roof of my shed earlier. Even shouted a few random things here and there. Nothing came of it though. Mind you I do live in a ghost estate. That may have something to do with it.

Pfff a shed, you need to be aiming an awful lot higher boy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

Did you talk to him?
    no, but he was turning heads and I had a good look :) he looked like he had just stepped off the set of a period drama. Big thin tall guy with a grey beard, three piece suit, top hat and might even have had a pocket watch and he was swinging a cane (could have been an umberella) :)

I thought he looked deadly tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

He was up on Ballybricken at 7-30 and told me he was heading to the Roanemore centre to give out vouchers,and will be going to different places for the rest of the week.

marlin vs wrote: »
    He was up on Ballybricken at 7-30 and told me he was heading to the Roanemore centre to give out vouchers,and will be going to different places for the rest of the week.

What kind of vouchers? Who is he working for? The truth will be in the vouchers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Its not yer man from up around O'Brien street is it?

Grey beard, 3 piece suit, glasses... Sometimes can be seen sporting full camouflage gear?
    In fact one day i passed him and he was wearing half and half.. top half was wastecoat and shirt, bottom half was camo pants and army boots...

Im gonna be like that when im his age.. Legend!

H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Heathen wrote: »
    Its not yer man from up around O'Brien street is it?

Grey beard, 3 piece suit, glasses... Sometimes can be seen sporting full camouflage gear?
    In fact one day i passed him and he was wearing half and half.. top half was wastecoat and shirt, bottom half was camo pants and army boots...

Im gonna be like that when im his age.. Legend!

H

Sounds like a sight to make eyes sore lol

haha no it aint him. Saw him today but ws on the move and couldn't stop for a pic. So stil no idea what it's all about im afraid

Woo they accepted friend request.
    Your man looks like some laugh. Delighted with himself and his awesomeness

lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I go back to work for two hours and I miss a full blown mystery. It sounds a strange one alright.

From Timmy Ryan's Twitter
    TimmyRyanpage Timmy Ryan
    Billy Connolly seen strolling around Waterford in a provocotive manner? Surely im mistaken ??!!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

A picture of him surfaced this afternoon

mysteryman.jpg

Aquos76 wrote: »
    A picture of him surfaced this afternoon

haha just scabbed that on facebook meself. :)

Come on lads...there must be someone who knows what's goin on here.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

seanybiker wrote: »
    haha just scabbed that on facebook meself. :)

We must be friends with the same person so :)

Aquos76 wrote: »
    We must be friends with the same person so :)

Yup haha.
    If its you that uploaded it then I dont know ya to even see.

I dunno the chap that uploaded it actually. i just saw it through the three shippes page that i have access to.

I dunno the chap that uploaded it actually. i just saw it through the three shippes page that i have access to.

Ah jaysus, dont have them added either. lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

haha its the Irish Uncle Sam

Advertisement