Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS have my Credit Card Details

Options
  • 12-09-2011 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭

AND THEY WONT LET ME OUT !

:(

Sorry for shouting but I have just spent the past 30 minutes going around in a big super MS circle trying to get out of X Box live and for paying for it and I cant !

They wont let me out.

Every time I go to cancel my payment I just get redirected to a support site that begins the circle again and again and again....

Is there any way of getting out of their grip or do I just have to ask the bank to stop the charge ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

MugMugs wrote: »
    AND THEY WONT LET ME OUT !

:(

*Looks at username*

I guess for giving microsoft your cc details, *puts on sunglasses* you were a mug

YYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH :cool:

Nah ring their support line and they can remove the details there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

So to cancel, you have to ring the US in the hope you get somebody with some sort of intelligence ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

So to cancel, you have to ring the US in the hope you get somebody with some sort of intelligence ?

No, you ring Swords Co Dublin in the hope of finding an operator capable clicking "remove cc details" from your account....

:rolleyes:

Fieldog wrote: »
    No, you ring Swords Co Dublin in the hope of finding an operator capable clicking "remove cc details" from your account....

:rolleyes:

Any refferal on the site is to a US number.

I'll search for the IE one so.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Any refferal on the site is to a US number.

I'll search for the IE one so.

Thank you.

http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/call-us

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Theres an Irish number to call, fairly simple and quick to do. Do a quick search and it should be on this forum somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Takes 3 minutes. I posted the number in this thread.

1 800 509 186

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

My guess, reason you can't remove your details is because you have an Xbox LIVE GOLD subscription.

You cannot remove your CC details if you have an Xbox LIVE Gold subscription active, after you have paid for it with your CC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I can add/remove credit cards on the xbox.com site..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

dazftw wrote: »
    I can add/remove credit cards on the xbox.com site..

Probably because you don't have an active XBox LIVE Gold subscription... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

If you have serious problems, you should ring your credit card company.

They can immediately cancel your card and issue a new one with a new number.

They'd typically have you sorted out with a new card in 2 or 3 days max.

Once the card's cancelled, nobody can charge anything to the old card as the number becomes invalid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Solair wrote: »
    If you have serious problems, you should ring your credit card company.

They can immediately cancel your card and issue a new one with a new number.

They'd typically have you sorted out with a new card in 2 or 3 days max.

Once the card's cancelled, nobody can charge anything to the old card as the number becomes invalid.

As has been stated in NORTH1's thread, they can if the credit card company allows it.
    If the old, expired (or invalid) credit card is the only payment method on the account Microsoft will try and bill that, and then depending on the bank or credit card company they may either fail or succeed.
    Failure will result in an account suspension though, so best bet would be to either cancel the payment method if you have no subscription or update it.

Card was long expired but the payment was still being granted.

Anyway, rang them there. They cancelled the subscription and sent me out credit for the remaining period which had been paid.

Very easy and very quick.

Appreciate the assistance to all of you who gave it.

As for the others.... Not so much :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I would take serious issue with a credit card issuer granting payment on an expired card. That's ridiculously lax security. Very few of them will allow that anymore.

Cancelling from the MS end is obviously the best approach, but if it's not possible, you should block the transactions either by cancelling the card or instructing the card issuer to stop paying.

Also, if the card is reported stolen / lost or the details otherwise compromised they can do an absolute block on transactions on the old card number. It's not just expired. Nothing will go through on that card, including recurring payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Card was long expired but the payment was still being granted.

Anyway, rang them there. They cancelled the subscription and sent me out credit for the remaining period which had been paid.

Very easy and very quick.

Appreciate the assistance to all of you who gave it.

As for the others.... Not so much :D
    People tend to have overreactions to these things where as 99% of times its really easily sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Probably because you don't have an active XBox LIVE Gold subscription... ;)

I do. I paid for my 1st year with the mothers card and just used the codes every other year after so it wouldn't charge the card. I removed the mothers card and put on mine a little while ago.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Advertisement