Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re:Commute from Kilkenny City to Naas

Options
  • 12-09-2011 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Thinking of moving down to Kilkenny City, just wondering how long the drive takes at peak times to Naas? 55 mins off peak is what I think it normally takes, just wondering if school runs etc make peak times a nightmare. I start work in Naas at 10am. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Traffic around Kilkenny will be busier around school time but once you have reasonable access to the ring road any difference will be marginal I'd imagine. From the ring road you have the link road to the motorway and my guess is that your time is not likely to fluctuate all that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭rayc

Like the previous poster said, if you get a house close to the ring-road, particularly to the north side (there are many housing estates around the area) the peak-time delay would be practically negligible as you would be very close to the motorway link road.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

rayc wrote: »
    Like the previous poster said, if you get a house close to the ring-road, particularly to the north side (there are many housing estates around the area) the peak-time delay would be practically negligible as you would be very close to the motorway link road.

I'm on the motorway pretty quickly every day and I leave my house at about five to nine.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

Hello, yeah you should be able to do a KK to Naas commute in about 1 hour. I would try and get accomodation on the east bank of the nore for access to the ring road and hence motorway. Remember the Castle is on the left bank of the river. Best of luck with your decision making and if you do come to live our way welcome. :D

Ps: While I love KK to bits and think its a smashing city please bear in mind your are talking about a journey of 55 miles each day x presumably 5 times a week x 2 ways. Consider the cost of petrol/diesel in making any decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭connie_c

Thanks for the reply's. Seems like KK is a friendly place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I'd imagine there's quite a few heading that direction in the mornings for work, wonder could you try sharingf with somebody?

Advertisement