Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much information for first letter to birthmother?

Options
  • 12-09-2011 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi all, just trying to figure out what to put in my first letter to my BM. In my social workers final letter to my birthmother I included some personal information such as career,education and marital status.
    Any ideas of how indepth I should go into my back round?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭tyview

For me, I started out giving lots of details, but once I hit 4 a4 pages handwritten and I was only up to being the age of 5 I stopped and decided to just hit on main points, ie Area I grew up, parents, sisters and brothers, that I did my LC, I didnt go to college but straight to work and then marriage and family. I figured I'd have nothing to talk about when we met. I know we would be meeting within a few weeks so I felt that was kind of enough for her to get her head around and then if she wanted to know more details I could tell her face to face. There may be more than one letter back and forward anyway so you can always include more in the second letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Funkyman

Thanks for the input Tyview. I am just a bit wary of giving too much information too early i suppose. My birthmother stated she would like me to write a letter but would also like to know my intentions so I think I will give her the main points of my life with non identifying information and see what reply she gives.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭tyview

Hi, I should have said that too, I only gave first names and general areas. Best of luck with it!

Advertisement