Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good PC desks?

Options
  • 12-09-2011 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

Sick of the corner unit I have so I'm just looking to get a good, cheap, simple desk that's fairly big and good on the wallet. Preferably in black. Been looking at Ikea and Argos but they're either too expensive or don't have anything good at all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

john47832 wrote: »

That'd be exactly the kind of desk I'd want. Probably costs a pretty penny though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Burgo wrote: »

You need better eyes :P
    Sick of the corner unit I have so I'm just looking to get a good, cheap, simple desk that's fairly big and good on the wallet. Preferably in black. Been looking at Ikea and Argos but they're either too expensive or don't have anything good at all.

Maybe taking a look at what adverts has to offer might be good. I've seen a few desks pop up from time to time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

I bought a great desk from IKEA two years ago - had a look there and its gone now unfortunately - only 50 euro at the time, adjustable height, simple table, loads of leg room!

Scratch that: Found it http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/S09872828#/S99851435/

Very good desk. Also bought a leather mat for the keyboard - looks good!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

deconduo wrote: »
    You need better eyes :P
    shhh!
    Nedved85 wrote: »
    Scratch that: Found it http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/S09872828#/S99851435/
    Very good desk. Also bought a leather mat for the keyboard - looks good!

Desk I'm using now, does the job grand;
    lZtWil.jpg

Burgo wrote: »
    shhh!

Desk I'm using now, does the job grand;
    lZtWil.jpg

Ya that's the one - can be got in black also - cheap and sturdy!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

This is mine, best desk ive ever had, rock solid even with a G25 ffb wheel vibrating @ 100% :)

Very similar to some of the ones linked.

imag0459o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Yay, MX518 lovefest in here. Sadly my own desk is fairly small. It's 135 cm, so there's space for a 23" screen and two studio speakers, just about. Recently got two free "wingman" 4:3 monitors that I haven't got space for, looking at this one in IKEA http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/70175416#/70175416/ but at 153 cm I'm not sure it's even big enough either.

Oh hello http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/S79871401

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Baza210 wrote: »

Had my eye on this for ages but just can't find a way to fit it into my room :/

Yeah, you have a good point. It's going to take some real rearranging of a bedroom to fit a 2 m desk into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭BULLER

Baza210 wrote: »
    Yay, MX518 lovefest in here.

I probably should post mine setup then; I've two of them! :P

...but yeah. A simple and sturdy desk is the way to go, none of the roll out keyboard holder crap. Theyre more expensive, more cumbersome and less comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

The office furniture section on adverts is always worth a look. Some good size desks going cheap around Dublin if your able to collect.

BULLER wrote: »
    I probably should post mine setup then; I've two of them! :P

You're not the only one... I got a second for some Quake Live at work during lunch break ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I've got the best PC desk ever. It's over 15 years old and it can't be bought anymore.

/troll

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Dunno if you got one by now but I remember the hassle! Ikea/argos etc are too expensive for the crap desks, although bazas one up there is nice.

I would suggest second hand desks on adverts or something.

Picked up this desk (including the spinny adjustable height chair) for about 40/45 I think it was. Can get some cracking deals! Excuse bad quality, posters and my dirty room :-p

ruLAg.jpg

ASHSsl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Those IKEA desks are good, but I've got two of them in my apartment, and after ~six months of using the desk as a mouse mat, part of the black finish is worn away completely (didn't happen with my other desk at home after three years), but sturdy enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I was going to get a simpler one some of the guys suggested a while back and was leaving Ikea with it but saw this one on sale so I had to get it!

DSC00061.jpg?t=1316266949

Advertisement