Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking a lease

Options
  • 12-09-2011 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi hoping someone can advise me on an issue.

Recently moved into an apartment building which I will say is not in the nicest area of Dublin however I proceeded as the apartment offered an alarm, underground (key fob operated) parking and plenty of cameras about however my car was recently broken into inside the carpark, my GPS stolen from the glove box and my cd player broken. On questioning the management company to try assist the Gardaí I found the cameras were dummy cameras. I no longer feel safe here and want to move. I signed a 1 year common lease which I know was binding however I was not told when viewing the property with the landlord that the cameras were fake. Is this grounds for me to give notice ? How much notice would I have to give ?

:confused: Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

What is mentioned in the lease- or otherwise in writing- about the cameras?
    Your other alternative is to find a follow-on tenant to take over your lease, then you can leave without penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 elgirl

hi,
    No the cameras aren't specifically mentioned in the lease? What would be the case if I cannot find a subletter.
    Thanks

Advertisement