Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A with GAME & GAMEfest

Options
  • 12-09-2011 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Mods, please remove this if you think it needs it

I have an interview tomorrow with the PR side of GAME in UK and Ireland.

We'll be discussing both general GAME issues and procedures etc. and Questions people have about GAMEfest at the weekend

Anyone from here have any questions they want me to ask, or any queries re: pre-booking games etc

Cheers guys

Tal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

how much would you like to pay for the game.ie domain?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Might not be one that you'll get an answer to, but given the chance I'd like to ask him why GAME have become so uncompetitive over the last few years. They used to be the best on price but now lag well behind HMV, Smyths and even on occasion Gamestop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Might not be one that you'll get an answer to, but given the chance I'd like to ask him why GAME have become so uncompetitive over the last few years. They used to be the best on price but now lag well behind HMV, Smyths and even on occasion Gamestop.
    I will deffo ask that!

I'm going to be meeting the guy at the weekend too, so it will be nice to get some honest answers off him hopefully!!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

Why are you bitching about Steam taking your sales now when you have brought it on yourself by neglecting your PC game selection for many years?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Why are you about to start selling BluRays, when shops like HMV are on the verge of shutting down?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Healium wrote: »
    Why are you about to start selling BluRays, when shops like HMV are on the verge of shutting down?
    How do you mean?

Can you elaborate?

Oh, and what future plans do they have for the new Xbox prepaid cards? All I've seen is older content, like codes for Trials HD, Castle Crashers, and DLC for Forza 3, Reach and Fable 3. Will they bring out new prepaid cards as new content gets released, or play it safe with the older, big sellers?

Tallon wrote: »
    How do you mean?

Can you elaborate?
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-12-game-to-sell-blu-ray-films-and-music

OH, and ask them about this http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2011-03/07/game-preowned-preorders Not sure if it ever got implemented, but feel free to tell them what a douche move it was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Healium wrote: »

perhaps theyre doing it BECAUSE the likes of hmv are on the verge of shutting down

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

ríomhaire wrote: »
    Why are you bitching about Steam taking your sales now when you have brought it on yourself by neglecting your PC game selection for many years?

Mainly this.

I can accept that console games might sell better, but complaining that you can't sell PC games when you do nothing to promote them and then complaining more when someone outdoes you... It'd be nice to see what they think of that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Wasn't it Gamestop, not Game, that complained about Steam?

I'd also like you to ask them where they see themselves in a future that will more then likely be dominated by digital distribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I actually found GAME had a better selecton of games the the others, for example when I wanted to get Splatterhouse and Fist of the North Star for XBOX none of the other places had these and the staff in these places also hadnt a clue about them but found them along with loads of other games I hadnt heard of on 360.

But I would like you to ask about the possiblity of opening a Retro corner in the shop, that sells stuff from the past, from controllers to power adaptors to games, I am talking from the 90's up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Kiith wrote: »
    I'd also like you to ask them where they see themselves in a future that will more then likely be dominated by digital distribution.

This is a good one to ask. Game are in the process of rolling out a new Irish website with a lot of new features for customers, so you might get a bit of an insight about what exactly they'll have to offer.

Advertisement