Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

knitting groups in Limerick area?

Options
  • 12-09-2011 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi, I have just made enquiries about a knitting design course (night class) due to start in Limerick School of Art and Design, under Liz Spillane, knitwear designer. It is for experienced knitters who want to go a bit further and create patterns etc., Has anyone ever attended any of Liz's courses before. I'd appreciate any feedback

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 queendee7

Hi there,

I am wondering are there any knitting groups in the Limerick area where people go to knit and natter?

If there aren't any groups I am looking at setting up one if there would be any interest?!!

Regards,
    Dee

Hi there,

I am wondering are there any knitting groups in the Limerick area where people go to knit and natter?

If there aren't any groups I am looking at setting up one if there would be any interest?!!

Regards,
    Dee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

http://www.facebook.com/RainbowSnB?sk=wall&filter=2#!/RainbowSnB?sk=info

This one maybe? I don't know anything about it I'm afraid, just saw the link on a friends fb page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cakegobbler

hi queendee
    Limerick Rainbow Stitch n' Bitch have a group area on www.ravelry.com, (which itself is a brill site for all things knitty). They organise knit nights in town as far as I know. Hope that helps!

hi queendee
    Limerick Rainbow Stitch n' Bitch have a group area on www.ravelry.com, (which itself is a brill site for all things knitty). They organise knit nights in town as far as I know. Hope that helps!

Thanks so much will check it out!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭duckling10

here's the info on Limerick Stitch and Bitch:
    There is a knitting club called Rainbow Stitch and Bitch which meets every Wednesday afternoon in Limerick City Centre at a pub called The Old Quarter, here's their info from [url]www.ravelry.com:[/url]

We meet in The Old Quarter bar just off Denmark Street in the city centre on WEDNESDAY evenings at 5.30pm.
    If it’s warm, we’ll be sitting outside, and if it’s gloomy we’ll be down the back in the comfy chairs! If it’s your first time joining us, I recommend turning up a wee bit late so as to be sure that we’ll be there!

I've been there once, they were very welcoming, then I got busy over the summer with visitors etc, and now I'm back working so can't go, I'm afraid.
    I suggest that you go on to www.ravelry and leave a message on their group board there and they'll get back to you if you have any questions.
    I live in East Co Limerick myself, I knit, crochet a bit, spin a bit and have a knitting machine which i am teaching myself, for now. If there's anything you want to chat about, let me know!
    regards
    d:)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭DEEMAR

Just found out, the course is for knitters who are interested in creating their own products. i.e. designing own patterns. Sounds interesting. I would love to hear from anyone who did a similar course?

Advertisement