Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1996 Subaru Sambar

• 12-09-2011 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi I am looking for mechanic who is very familiar with Subaru Sambar mini vans. It is a 1996 sambar 660cc. It is losing power when driven and I need somone who has worked on them before. Can anyone out there help????? Please:(:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

miamcc wrote: »
    Hi I am looking for mechanic who is very familiar with Subaru Sambar mini vans. It is a 1996 sambar 660cc. It is losing power when driven and I need somone who has worked on them before. Can anyone out there help????? Please:(:confused:

It would be pretty unlikely that many will have in depth experience on one of those.
    However they do have an internal combustion engine just like any car so any decent mechanic should be able to get to the bottom of it.

Getting parts would be a problem also I'd think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 miamcc

See that's the problem. I have brought it two mechanics and spent quite a bit of money already and the problem is still there. That is why I am looking for someone who is very good at working on more than the run of the mill car. I am looking for someone who can identify the problem not guess at it. Parts are not a problem I have a good source in Japan. Thanks though.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I think thats the same engine that goes into the Diahatsu Copen and Subaru Vivio if that helps you look for someone who has experience with those engines.

know anyone?

FearDark wrote: »
    I think thats the same engine that goes into the Diahatsu Copen and Subaru Vivio if that helps you look for someone who has experience with those engines.

Know anyone

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Know anyone

Sorry no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

See that's the problem. I have brought it two mechanics and spent quite a bit of money already and the problem is still there. That is why I am looking for someone who is very good at working on more than the run of the mill car. I am looking for someone who can identify the problem not guess at it. Parts are not a problem I have a good source in Japan. Thanks though.:)

Thats my point, unless yours is the supercharged version, it doesn't have any componants or systems that are unique to it. A mechanic with the correct knowalage of a working engine and the correct diagnostic equipment(mechanical and electronic) should be able to diagnose it properly without any guess work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd imagine this engine is common to a few marques, probably the same as the Suzuki Cappuccino. try a Cappuccino owners club

Subaru and Suzuki often share models and engines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Check www.isdc.ie one of the traders/mechanics on there should be able to help. Always liked them Sambar. Hope you get it sorted.

Muckie wrote: »
    Check www.isdc.ie one of the traders/mechanics on there should be able to help. Always liked them Sambar. Hope you get it sorted.

Thanks Muckie I'll get on to that. I always liked them too until I was sold this one. Nothing but heartache since :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement