Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gas boiler

• 12-09-2011 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi,
    I have a 16e Vokera gas boiler supplying 16 rads in a 4 bed semi D house. The boiler is too small to run all the rads, so I have to turn off some of the rads to maximise the heat to the other rads in the rooms we use.
    Can anyone recommend the right size of boiler to get and a good make.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11 pigeon 1982

hi about your vokera mynute 16e your right in saying its to small, you would need around 24kws to do all of your rads,baxi,worchester bosh are the main ones i would recommend theres to many bad boilers on market at the moment, and the vokera that you have at the moment arent bad if there installed in an area were the water isnt hard, the vokera he isnt bad either if the water isnt hard in ur area,hope i helped you out in some way,im a gas service engineer in case you were wondering and i use to do warranty work for vokera;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Bakugan

Thanks Pigeon,
    A few people have recommended the Bosch one and it is probably the one i will get. The water is very hard in my area, I had to change the heat exchanger in the Vokera one after 3/4 years. I haven't had a problem with the Vokera one, its just too small for the size of my house. Can you give me a rough guide on what I should pay for a Bosch 24he boiler and to install it. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11 pigeon 1982

in relation with d bosh boiler 24wk thers 3 differant types of boilers theres d i model which is a system boiler,which means u get d pump and expansion vessal built in to the boiler, the ri model is the d same boiler - the pump and vessal, and theres a cdi i think which is a combi boiler with all af the above parts i take it you know what a combi is and your not lookin for that,either 1 of the ri or i model will suite you and theres not much in the price of the system boiler and the 1 with out in, it just means you have to buy your own external pump and expansion vessal,if that makes any sence,your vokera is a system boiler,if i was to give you a rough price on either boiler you should pay no more than 2000 which you should get ur old system FLUSHED out and treated with chemicals that removes slurge and crap in ur system, other wize u could get any boiler on the market and put it in and it will give you problems in the future trust me,most problems with boilers and systems is the crap thats in the sysem and NOT been flushed out on instalation, i see it all the time, prime example the boom days when they were thrown up appartments everywere none of them were ever treated or flushed FACT!hope i helped:D

Advertisement