Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patio Door Lock

• 12-09-2011 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

A friend of mine was talking to a guard recently who told him that most break ins recently are being done through patio doors. Can someone recommend a good way of securing a standard patio door.

Regards
    Woolywood

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

What kind is it ???????

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Moved to DIY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 woolywood

Not exactly sure of the type but it was supplied by Munster Joinery and it has a three point locking system.

Woolywood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Cut a piece of timber and put it between the opening side and the wall, i.e along the track where the door slides. This will stop the door sliding.

If its a Munster Door, is it externally beaded, are the beads which hold in the glass on the outside, if so the glass can be removed by taking off the beads.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 woolywood

Sorry I should have said, it is not a sliding door. It is a set of two doors that open out.

Regards
    Woolywood

• Advertisement
Advertisement