Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roaming in the US

Options
  • 12-09-2011 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm currently using Tesco mobile here which suits for my usage etc. I am heading to New York in November for a few days and unfortunately I think Tesco are not set up for roaming in the US yet. I'd like to have a mobile over there for keeping in contact with the rest of the group - what are my best options?

I'm considering buying a Galaxy Mini phone before I go so maybe get it unlocked and buy a SIM for another network for the trip?

It happened me while in Germany last year that I couldn't use my phone and it can be a bit of a pain trying to arrange meeting up and that, so want to be prepared this time. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

PCwiggum wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm currently using Tesco mobile here which suits for my usage etc. I am heading to New York in November for a few days and unfortunately I think Tesco are not set up for roaming in the US yet. I'd like to have a mobile over there for keeping in contact with the rest of the group - what are my best options?

I'm considering buying a Galaxy Mini phone before I go so maybe get it unlocked and buy a SIM for another network for the trip?

It happened me while in Germany last year that I couldn't use my phone and it can be a bit of a pain trying to arrange meeting up and that, so want to be prepared this time. Thanks.

Hi there

Yes, we have roaming in the US (T-Mobile is the preferred partner)

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PCwiggum

Hi there

Yes, we have roaming in the US (T-Mobile is the preferred partner)

regards
    Paul

Cheers Paul, that saves all the hassle.

Advertisement