Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy blueberry plant?

Options
  • 12-09-2011 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hi,

I am trying to find other plant shops that they can sell blueberry plants. Apart from that, I know Derryvilla in Co. Offaly has a blueberry farming. If I have not found any other blueberry farmings and sales in this country, I would have to contact with Derryvilla Blueberry Farming.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

gh1979 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am trying to find other plant shops that they can sell blueberry plants. Apart from that, I know Derryvilla in Co. Offaly has a blueberry farming. If I have not found any other blueberry farmings and sales in this country, I would have to contact with Derryvilla Blueberry Farming.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

I'm not quite sure what you are asking but if you want to buy Blueberry plants then any garden centre could help or even the DIY chains. I know I saw them in B&Q over the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Keep an eye in Lidl or Aldi as they usually sell fruit bushes/trees during the planting season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

There was a thread on this just recently. They were on sale in Lidl from Last Thursday. You might still find some

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Trademark

Mr Middletons in Dublin 1 sell them online. Never got blueberry but I ordered a pair of Goji plants for a gift a few months ago and they were delivered in about 2 weeks healthy and well packaged. From what I remember the shop itself is quite small so they probably ship plants from their nursery or 3rd party.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bixy

I got mine from Mr Middleton's on-line shopping 2 years ago. They were expensive but arrived in good shape and producing their first berries this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 gh1979

Bixy wrote: »
    I got mine from Mr Middleton's on-line shopping 2 years ago. They were expensive but arrived in good shape and producing their first berries this year.

Do you recommend me to get some blueberry plants from Mr Middleton's on-line shopping? What is the type of your blueberry plant? I would have to say that I am a gardening beginner. I would like to know what blueberry plant needs some things from soil, like acidic soil and moss peat etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Have seen them for sale in Lidl and other places but bought mine at a country market sale in Limerick from a small nursery owner. They do need acid soil and for that reason I left in in a big pot with some brown gold. It was about 2 feet tall when I got it and it cost around a tenner. I only bought it around twelve months ago and it produced around 50 to 60 berries on its first year on the patio ! ;) I do not generally like to buy plants buy post or from supermarkets where they can have little soil and are a bit dried out.;)

Advertisement