Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If wou were to choose one brand?

• 12-09-2011 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭

If you could only use one brand of skincare/make-up for the rest of your life what would it be and why ?

For me it would be guerlain , I've never even used their make-up line but if their skincare is anything to go by i wouldn't even need make-up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I'd have to go with two brands...

Skincare - Dermalogica
    I have ridiculously sensitive skin, can't use most brands but this stuff is just so good for me. It's cleared up 99% of my problem areas and makes me look fresh and bright even with no make up.

Makeup - MAC
    Hard to just pick one brand but I think I'd go for MAC. Their studio fix is the only powder I've found that smooths out my sallow complexion without making me look washed out. I'm also a massive fan of their eyeshadows, such pretty colours! And I find they don't crease into my lids. Their eyeliners are great too - they stay put and don't smudge from blinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

I tend to change skincare brands all the time so I don't really have a favourite but if I had to pick one to use it would probably be Burts Bees as I like most of their products and they work well for me.

For makeup it would definitely be Urban Decay. I love all of their products I've used and I don't think I could get buy without their primer potion and 24/7 liners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Skincare: Olay
    Really like the range, big variety, suits my skin very well and rages from super cheap to more expensive.

Make Up: Urban Decay
    Fantastic products, brilliant pigment pay off, great lasting power and a little goes a long way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

Dior all the way, love the make up, love the skincare (their one essential serum is my hg product) and love the perfumes...well most of them.....

I love guerlain too ut i can't find a foundation there thats pale enough for me although they seem to be good on carrying darker colours for people who are darker than most irish people which is good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Skincare - I chop and change quite frequently so this is a hard one for me to pick. I've never really found a brand or product and been so amazed that I had to stick with it. I am a really big fan of Botanics Face Super Balm though, that is definitely a must have for me.

Cosmetics - MAC. I adore their eye shadows. I don't really buy any other brands (of eye shadow) at all anymore 'cause I tend to be disappointed in comparison (other than UD's Naked Palette!). I also like MAC lipsticks, their brushes, Mineralise Skinfinish. Yeah, if I could only pick cosmetics from one brand, it would be MAC without a doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Skincare: Vichy would be my fav for my face. I have wildly sensitive skin and have made my way through most of the sensitive skin brands but Vichy is the one that's come up trumps.

Makeup: Revlon. I love their concealers and foundations and they're good quality for the price. I'd miss my Maybelline mascara though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Skin Care: La Roche Posay (I also have sensitive skin and this is as cheap as chips for what you get).

Make Up: Bobbi Brown.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladysarastro

Skincare: would prob be La Roche Posay. Their Effaclear Duo has been my saviour
    Makeup: Year ago I would of been Mac or Urban Decay but now I'm addicted to Inglot. Everything is so pigmented and worths out so much better value

• Registered Users Posts: 49 emzz

skincare would have to be simple..because everything else makes my skin red:L

As for make-up, I think MAC is the bomb!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ultimatemma

For Skincare: I have recently been using a new brand called Good Things and find their products great and they smell AMAZING!

For Makeup: I have always been a Mac and UD junkie but lately I have been buying Inglot products and think these are brill. If you haven't tried them then you really need to. The eyeshadows are so pigmented and they last all day without creasing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nenecrl

Skincare -> Simple & Dermalogica
    Make-up -> Mac(Foundation & Eye shadows) & Max-factor(Mascara)

Advertisement