Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Fest

• 12-09-2011 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

A fantastic festival has been and gone in Newcastle West and I haven't seen a single post on boards??? How come guys???
    Anyway just to let ye know it's hopefully all happening again in 2012...
    Bring on the Donkeys!!!:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Munstermad wrote: »
    A fantastic festival has been and gone in Newcastle West and I haven't seen a single post on boards??? How come guys???

Don't you know the County Limerick forum is very very sluggish at the best of times;). Perhaps you may have being better off discussing West Fest before it kicked off though.

Pardon my ignorance but what is West Fest as I'm totally clueless even though I seen it advertised around the streets in NCW. Is it some sort of fleadh or family funfair day or other?

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

johndaman66
    Heiniken West Fest was a weekend of outdoor live gigs, Mundy, Mad for Road etc etc as well as street entertainment, fashion show, French market and farmers market, puppet shows,duck race, kids entertainment, funfair, tug of war donkey derby, a competition for the knight of Deesmond hosted by Hector... live music in the pubs and promotions... etc etc etc
    twas great craic!!!
    Pity you missed it... ;)

johndaman66
    Heiniken West Fest was a weekend of outdoor live gigs, Mundy, Mad for Road etc etc as well as street entertainment, fashion show, French market and farmers market, puppet shows,duck race, kids entertainment, funfair, tug of war donkey derby, a competition for the knight of Deesmond hosted by Hector... live music in the pubs and promotions... etc etc etc
    twas great craic!!!
    Pity you missed it... ;) theres always 2012

johndaman66
    twas great craic!!!
    Pity you missed it... ;) but theres always 2012

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Munstermad wrote: »
    johndaman66
    twas great craic!!!
    Pity you missed it... ;) but theres always 2012

Ta Munstermad. It seems you certainly enjoyed it! Seems like a lot of it was aimed towards families and kiddies but no doubt in my mind there was something there fore everyone. A much welcome boost for the businesses in the town too I'm sure. Will be sure to nosey in next year;)

• Advertisement

It was a great success and a much needed boost for the community in every respect, and you are right there was something for everyone....
    As a blow in from the city... I must say I am absolutely enamoured by the town of NCW.. It's a little gem... Defo check it out next year, I gurantee you'll have a blast.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Limerick Rebel

The Heineken Westfest was absolutely fabulous and well done to the organisers. The atmosphere in the square was electric every night over the weekend. The town was never looking better. I passed through the town early on Sunday morning and the place was spotless. You would never think that there was a concert on the previous night so the street cleaners were obviosly out very early and did an excellent job. Roll on next year. Check out DOC performing his party piece in the Knights of Desmond competition. Priceless!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Pa5211?blend=1&ob=5#p/u/0/KLqscFd2SBI

• Registered Users Posts: 2 NCWFAN

The Knights of WestFest is back again this year from 11th Sept to 15th Sept. The Headline Act on the Saturday night this year is an American Band called Boyce Avenue. This Festival is going from strength to strength. Rock on Newcastle West for family fun and entertainment all on offer

BE THERE ITS WORTH IT

Advertisement