Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Requesting Leaving cert script replacement?

• 12-09-2011 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

I hope I've put this in the right catagory.

I've been asked to provide a copy of all my education documents, I have my Junior Cert and Degree script but have apparently miss placed my Leaving cert script. Pretty pissed off at myself for losing something like this...oh well.

On the other hand I'm in two minds on whether or not it's this necessary. I mean I couldn't get to college and have a degree without a good leaving cert. Guess I should just a replacement to be on the safe side.

I do have reg numbers and such as I made an application for one of my grades to be reviewed, so I have details that I could forward to the CAO. I believe the cost is in the region 0f 13.50EU, or something like that. What concerns me is the lenght of time it would take to get the replacement script? Has anyone else requested a replacement script?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

I got my JC results in about a week...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

https://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ca&sc=co

Free between 2006-2010, €13.50 otherwise. Takes about a week.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Go to your old school. Unless you have been left a long time, they will have a copy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

effluent wrote: »
    I hope I've put this in the right catagory.

I've been asked to provide a copy of all my education documents, I have my Junior Cert and Degree script but have apparently miss placed my Leaving cert script. Pretty pissed off at myself for losing something like this...oh well.

On the other hand I'm in two minds on whether or not it's this necessary. I mean I couldn't get to college and have a degree without a good leaving cert. Guess I should just a replacement to be on the safe side.

I do have reg numbers and such as I made an application for one of my grades to be reviewed, so I have details that I could forward to the CAO. I believe the cost is in the region 0f 13.50EU, or something like that. What concerns me is the lenght of time it would take to get the replacement script? Has anyone else requested a replacement script?

I got one for free a couple of years ago from my old school - and that was going back quite a few years. Reckon that should be your first port of call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Your school secretary will sort you out

Give them a call

And for a little test, see if they even remember you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭effluent

Thanks all, I didn't think of asking my old school, I'll get a=on to them asap. It will be interesting if they'll remember me or if they have a copy after four years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

effluent wrote: »
    Thanks all, I didn't think of asking my old school, I'll get a=on to them asap. It will be interesting if they'll remember me or if they have a copy after four years.

My old school had copies back as far as the 60s afaik so I'm 99% certain you school will still have yours! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

And by the way, it's not your "script" that you're looking for; it's your statement of results.

("Scripts" are the stuff you actually wrote in the exams - if you go asking SEC for four-year-old scripts, you won't get much joy!)

Here's all the information on the SEC website:
    http://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ca&sc=sor

Advertisement