Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to remove corrupt game data?

Options
  • 12-09-2011 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

I tried to install Resistance 3 earlier but it failed. Now I have corrupted game data on the PS3 HDD that cannot be deleted. This means that I can't install or play Resistance 3.

I don't know what the best course of action is.

1) Run the backup facility then format the HDD. Then restore using my backup. Would this just put the corrupted file back on my HDD? I'd be back in the same position.
    2) Will the backup facility allow you to select individual files? Or does it just back up everything?
    3) Perhaps I should just get a portable HDD and copy what I need. Will it let me copy game data?

Any suggestions?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

got this from another forum

1) Go to your Saved Game Data and "try" to delete the Resistance 3 Data. Now it will keep you in the "Please wait while uninstalling"

2) While the "Please wait until uninstalling" phase, turn off your PS3. Yes, turn it off. I was a bit scared at first but it didn't corrupt my PS3.

3) Turn your PS3 on again and when you go to your Saved Game Data it will say you have a Corrupt Data inplace of the previous Resistance 3.

4) Go on Resistance 3 again and redownload the patch and install the game.

5) Play Resistance 3

Advertisement