Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

windows 7 slight problem!

Options
  • 13-09-2011 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

Hey guys quick one! I just installed the german version of Win 7 that I recieved from HWVS but cannot change it to english!! Apparently you cant do this unless you have ultimate! Does anyone know or has anyone heard that there is another way around it otherwise I have just wasted 80 euros!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Try this:http://www.mydigitallife.info/download-windows-7-mui-language-packs-official-32-bit-and-64-bit-direct-download-links/ down near the bottom of the page are links on how to install after you download.

or failing that
    Download an english copy of windows(home premium?) burn it to disk/usb and reinstall and just use the license key you got from hwvs

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

yeah Burgo! I am downloading a version as I type But the edition is in German and I can't understand a word of it to do the upgrade otherwise I probably would to avoid the hassle. ANy other ideas to get around that?

battser wrote: »
    yeah Burgo! I am downloading a version as I type But the edition is in German and I can't understand a word of it to do the upgrade otherwise I probably would to avoid the hassle. ANy other ideas to get around that?

ah damn, got a german dictionary kicking about?:pac:

I guess do a clean install, download a copy of windows from here, as in the one matching your key (home premium x64 for example) and if you have a 4gb usb key you can use this to install it, or just burn to dvd and install normally.

If you get stuck with the german maybe try something like google tranlsate to give you a hand.

I am actually sick I got the german version! SICK!

I am actually sick I got the german version! SICK!

Meinst Du nicht krank? (sorry couldn't resist:o)

• Advertisement

haha ah no in fairness though. I am downloading a version now of ultimate 64 but do I need to burn that as an ISO or can I just burn the data to a cd and boot to that? Havent done much of this type thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

hey i did the exact same thing, ordered the german version of win7 home premium from hwvs by accident.

yes it's possible to change it :) pretty sure its hacking though!

what did you do then? I have the downloaded version now but of course cannot get a usb key big enough for it but id rather try sort things out before a reinstall of windows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

what did you do then? I have the downloaded version now but of course cannot get a usb key big enough for it but id rather try sort things out before a reinstall of windows

you can mount the iso file on a SD card (obviously through a USB adapter)

4GB+ USB flash drives are not that expensive :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Trevor451 wrote: »
    you can mount the iso file on a SD card (obviously through a USB adapter)

4GB+ USB flash drives are not that expensive :P..... and even Tescos sell them

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I bought a 16gb USB key off memoryc.ie the other day for 20 euro delivered, there's really no excuse these days. :pac:

Advertisement