Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free download codes for my iPhone game

Options
  • 13-09-2011 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

I have 12 codes to give away that allow you to get an iPhone game that I made for free. I will pm codes to the first 12 that reply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭T17cH

Id like to give it a go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Ill take one too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Nice idea for a game. The music is good. Some constructive criticism is that I would move the game title up and space out the menu and credit buttons. Theyre a bit cramped.
    A little message at the start instucting swipe to guide the spaceman would be useful too, was a few seconds tilting the iphone trying to move him! :pac:

I'm not able to review it either as itunes thinks I don't own it? :confused:

Otherwise thanks for the code :)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fergmcd

Yeah. Will be fixed. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 83,331 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

whats the game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

ill take one too please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

I'll take one please!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

hiferg can i take one please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Me please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Really nice job, as TheFullDuck said maybe just adjust the layout of the main menu, other than that, well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Any more codes? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Paxmanwithinfo

Perhaps I'm too late!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I'll take a code if there's one still available.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

is it too late? If not send it on

I've sent ye guys on the codes. One remaining.

Game update currently waiting for approval has the menu fixed and also the animation will only play once.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Last one?

Yeah you got it. Enjoy.

Working on high-score list and a how-to-play now. I'll add in a shield power-up and temporarily slower meteors power-up after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,331 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I didnt get mine :/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

damn missed this , sure PM me if there's any left!

Sorry, no more left.
    OverHeal, I didn't think you were asking for one. I put the link up to the iTunes page in response to your question.

I liked it... powerups would definitely add an extra dimension though. Throw in Game Centre/Open Feint high score tables. Good job with the music too. :)

If I was to make one other suggestion, I'd see about using the full width of the screen (there is a glass wall about an inch from the left and right). For variety, try putting in some tunnels/rock formations to navigate through too.

It should be using the full width of the screen? Can you please post a screenshot?

No it is using the full width of the screen, but the spaceman can't go to the edge - he can only go about an inch away from either edge (even though meteors can fall in that space).

Hmm. Sound for that. Better get on it. What device/OS version?

Touch (3rd generation, so no retina display).
    OS 4.3.5

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Mr E wrote: »
    No it is using the full width of the screen, but the spaceman can't go to the edge - he can only go about an inch away from either edge (even though meteors can fall in that space).
    Have you tried swiping in the same direction again when he stops? I noticed that sometimes he'll go so far on his own with one swipe, but stop short.

Just to clarify - wherever you touch the spaceman will move that far across along the bottom of the screen. So if you touch between two meteors he will stop there. If you touch the side of the screen he will stop there.

I use my thumbs to move the spaceman Left to Right in traffic. Then if I want him to stop I tap where I want him to stop.

That's what should happen anyway. I'll be making a Tutorial/How to play tomorrow and update it.

• Advertisement

Have you tried swiping in the same direction again when he stops? I noticed that sometimes he'll go so far on his own with one swipe, but stop short.

Aaaahhhh.... I wasn't swiping. I was tapping the left and right of the screen to move.
    Instructions, man.... :)

Advertisement