Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the filth of Leenane

Options
  • 13-09-2011 7:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭

there is a tree just outside Leenane on the road to Kylemore and people have started to tie things not just to it but also the fence. I cannot remember seeing anything on the tree a few years back so this 'tradition' has only started recently. what amazes me though is that the council or village itself has not made any attempt to clean it up. I mean there are tissues and condoms hanging from the fence.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

sadly I have received no closure on whether or not the tree has any tradition of worship or if it is something that was started in the recent past to amuse the tourists. in any case its most unsightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭famoussheamus

It is not a nice sight especially on such a lovely viewing point. The location is not in Leenane but approx 5km west from the village. Tourists have started this practice and it has snowballed into a free for all. The council have done nothing about it as far as i know but someone needs to act as it will only get worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭conamara

Saw them on Saturday when on a drive back that way. Pretty ugly looking allright- they are right at the viewing point car park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Where oh where are our beloved community wardens when they're needed :rolleyes:

Advertisement