Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emobile - No coverage & poor customer care

Options
  • 13-09-2011 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

We moved to Emobile in May. In the last month signal in the house has dropped to nothing apart from one area of the kitchen. He works up north & roaming on T Mobile is apalling. There is no signal once you move from Belfast city. Call diverts to voicemail yet mailbox will only allow you 20 . Everytime someone rings ( 20 missed calls) the mailbox is full so in his case within 10 minutes. No one can leave a message then until hes back in signal & mailbox gets emptied.
    Emobile have told me there is nothing wrong with their signal it must be my house ( Yes !!) & that if there is a problem with roaming im to ring T Mobile.

Question I have is can I walk away from my contract on the grounds of no coverage. She told me on the phone there are areas in my town with bad coverage. Why was I not advised this on sign up .....
    The issue with the house signal is I work from home so it is therefore pointless. She advised when roaming to choose anyone but T Mobile. Thats the preferred network so if he selects a different network we are crucified with roaming charges....

Can anyone advise my next move ? A bit miffed at the attitude of we can do nothing for you - ring us back in a week.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Record times and dates where your coverage is low or non-existant and compile a file of data so they cant refuse to cancel the contract without penalty(you may have to return any handsets). Send them weekly updates by email on your coverage and they will eventually get the message. your roaming has nothing to do with emobile as they are not responsible for roaming, they are only contracted to provide services within the republic of Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 roadkill42

I have a similar problem with poor coverage. Based in West Dublin. Moved here a couple of weeks ago. Signal poor. Half the time I can´t access the net on my phone (nighttime is particularly bad for some reason). Voice calls cutting all the time. Have to run around house to get decent signal when on a call. Flatmate on vodafone has no signal problems.

Moved here from Meath a couple of weeks ago. Signal there was great.

Now I want to return phone and get my money back. But have phone 6 weeks now so not sure if I can.

If anyone could advise me of my consumer rights re approaching E and telling them I want to cancel contract based on poor coverage, that´d be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Talk to eircom, where an emobile rep can help you out

dudara

Advertisement