Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

removing twigs from branches

Options
  • 13-09-2011 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Our lovely Golden leylandii hedge was set on fire a few weeks ago. It was 12 years old and provided complete privacy from the busy road outside. It previously surrounded grass in the front garden which was removed about 8 years ago and as a result it was only 2 foot wide at the base. This isn't enough for leylandii and it was dying anyway. It was still a shame.

Any way, it was cut down yesterday and I have a large pile of branches that we are keeping for firewood. The logs are already stacked and beginning to dry out.

What is the best way to remove all the twigs etc from the branches? we are keeping everything. Twigs as kindling, branches for burning, same with logs.

I started with a secateurs but that was very slow. Then the post came and my chainsaw wheel for my angle grinder which I bought for bowl carving arrived and I am using this currently but it is still a slow process individually removing each twig.

Does any one here have any magical way of doing this or and tips or tricks?

Before
    174224.jpg

After
    174225.JPG

Advertisement