Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big top cupcake recipe

Options
  • 13-09-2011 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Would anyone have a nice cupcake recipe for the giant JML silicone cupcake maker thing. I tried the grandma's recipe on the booklet that came with the silicone moulds but it was not that nice. I thought it would just be like a huge cupcake as in soft and fluffy, maybe I did something wrong?
    If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

It'll never be like a giant cupcake and be huge and fluff, it's a cake as opposed to a large cupcake so takes much longer to bake, by the time the inside is cooked the outside is very well done, and if you bake both sides at the same time the top half is long done by the time them middle of the base is done.

Also if you're comparing it to a bought cupcake a lot of them are made with just add water mixes, and anything made at home will never achieve the kid of artificial fluffiness they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭ash_18x

Ya, it took ages to cook Acoshla and by the time it was cooked, I had burnt the outside of it and the inside was just done. I was just expectin so much more ha ha! It was very oily too so I don't think it was a good mixture that I made it with.
    Ya, I noticed that about the recipes in the book, that they are like 'use boxes of mix'.
    Could you just use a maderia mixture for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I use a madeira recipe for it when I am forced to make one but I'm not doing them anymore, too much hassle, not worth it IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭ash_18x

Acoshla wrote: »
    I use a madeira recipe for it when I am forced to make one but I'm not doing them anymore, too much hassle, not worth it IMO.

Don't suppose you would have the quantities for that? I think I put too many eggs in to the one I used!
    Thanks

Advertisement