Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinions please

• 13-09-2011 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

Passat Highline 170bhp v Mondeo Titanium 140bhp v A4 SE 136bhp

Lease car so no concerns re tax/servicing/mpg etc

I do serious mileage, heading towards 90,000km for this year so I need something comfortable.

I'm drawn towards the Passat with the bhp and I've sat in one and it's a lovely place to be.

Opinions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Skoda SUPERB
    is a nice place to be by all accounts. Considering the serious miles you are doing.

*EDIT* Had the use of a 2011 (105bhp Bluemotion) Passat for a while, Couldn't fault it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

From those 3, I'd probably take the Passat Highline 170.

Don't forget to add Bluetooth and Cruise Control, which aren't standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Brother has an A4 & I've found they are not that comfy on the long journeys....Boss in work has a 09 mondeo & loves it, no bother & he drives big miles...Heard mixed views on the passat's but no exprience of one.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 2nd & 3rd Aug '25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Heard many problems regarding offset pedals in the manual version of the A4 which could make doing 90k a year very long, tiring and uncomfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

homer90 wrote: »
    Skoda SUPERB
    is a nice place to be by all accounts. Considering the serious miles you are doing.

*EDIT* Had the use of a 2011 (105bhp Bluemotion) Passat for a while, Couldn't fault it at all.

That's the fastest appearance of a
    Skoda
    I've ever seen in one of these threads, I laughed.

Unfortunately it's not on the list it would have been my choice too.
    Don't forget to add Bluetooth and Cruise Control, which aren't standard.

Both could be added for €600 or so I think? Surprised they're not standard, it's fairly well kitted out apart from that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Mr Magners wrote: »
    That's the fastest appearance of a
    Skoda
    I've ever seen in one of these threads, I laughed.

Unfortunately it's not on the list it would have been my choice too.

Both could be added for €600 or so I think? Surprised they're not standard, it's fairly well kitted out apart from that.

B/T is €286, Cruise is €416. Depends on your company policy whether you can add extra's.

Advertisement