Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What can I do with Xbox

Options
  • 13-09-2011 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi, hoping someone can help me with this and please excuse my ignorance. I have the xbox set up with Windows on pc. Now how can I go about watching tv, movies etc on it. Our music is visable on the Xbox which is great. I understood (maybe I am wrong) that you could watch tv etc on the Xbox but am not sure how to go about it. Can anyone recommend a website or something. Thanks for you help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

video content stored on the pc will stream to the xbox once you set windows media player (11 +) to share the location of the video content

you can also use stuff like tversity for media formats not supported by the xbox

this should help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Tversity is a good possibility too as it has a much better range of codecs it supports

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

If you have a TV card in your PC, and its configured and working through WMC, you can watch the TV on the Xbox using it as an extender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I'm not trolling but PS3 Media Server works a treat too.

You just install that and load it up. It will pick up your xbox automatically. Then on your xbox browse to videos and you should see a new option with your computer name. You can browse to your files and play them via the xbox then.

chin_grin wrote: »
    I'm not trolling but PS3 Media Server works a treat too.

You just install that and load it up. It will pick up your xbox automatically. Then on your xbox browse to videos and you should see a new option with your computer name. You can browse to your files and play them via the xbox then.
    It is ironic the name of that, but its a bit picky with .mkv files i find

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Meesared wrote: »
    It is ironic the name of that, but its a bit picky with .mkv files i find

They work grand for me! I've a few files in that format and they've played no hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭canihave

Thanks for all your replies. I had tried Tversity and got as far as seeing Tversity on the Xbox but when I tried to watch (please no slagging) Big Brother I could not see it on the Xbox. Got it up on the PC alright. Not sure what I am doing wrong or is it that Xbox just won't show BB!!!

Tversity obviously has some taste :p

But anyway, how are you watching it? are you streaming or have you the files downloaded?

Advertisement