Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HL Irish Leaving Cert Help

• 13-09-2011 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi I am a 35 year old mam of 2 and I am thinking of repeating my leaving cert Irish. My eldest started in Gael Scoil in September and my second is going to a Naionara so I really want to brush up on my Irish so that I can help them along.
    I am also then considering that if I got a C3 in my Irish, perhaps applying to St. Pats for teaching. But I don't know if that would even be possible with two little ones. My main priority now is to learn some Irish.

I have decided to do the leaving cert because 1) I work better under pressure. So if I have a goal or a deadline to meet then I will keep up the work. If I just do a language course I'll go one week and maybe not the next. 2) Also it just would be a great achievement.

My request is..... If any body could let me know what books to get or where I might be able to find out the curriculum or just any advise at all would be appreciated on how to get started.

With not a whole lot of money to spare I want to get as much of a head start and do as much of the work that I can myself and then in January I am going to look for a teacher to get grinds.

Please let me know what you think.....or am I crazy?

Thanks
    Zag xxx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58 ✭✭mariok

Hi,

I say go for it.

This is the book you need, Fiuntas (€30-€35) which contains plenty on vocabulary, the poems, the aural cd's, and also the pictures which you will be questioned on in the oral.

Check out this thread...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056314553

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Zag2

Thanks a lot Mariok thats a great help.

Time to get studying!

Zag x

Advertisement