Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Against the rules?

Options
  • 13-09-2011 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the place or if its an actuall rule in the forum in question for not but i just taught id point it out. Its in the GAA forum. There is a rule about advertising but its seems to be more about clubs etc, in other forums there are rules that people can not promote something there part of in on post that i will highlight i think thats happening.

liveforhurling
    blue_star_1.gif

Adverts | Friends

icon5.gifAll Ireland Final Tickets? *** Mod Note Post #1 ***
    hi im looking for two stand tickets to all ireland hurling final. i go to all local and inter county games. if u can help me please contact me Pat

Mod Note:

This is to the be the only thread looking for All Ireland Tickets, any other threads will be deleted. I don't condone the selling of tickets on boards and would recommend either adverts.ie or toutless.com for tickets, but if you feel you must post on here for a ticket, do it here.

Also, anyone looking for above face value for a ticket will be banned for 1 day for each euro over the asking price they are looking.

The underlined part. adverts.ie has something to do with boards.ie and id ever seen or heard of the other website before but have the same sort of layout as boards.ie so i assume it also has something to do with it aswell. A moderator is the one who says it so again i would think thats promoting a boards.ie or affiliate over others like donedeal, gumtree, ebay to name a few where people can buy/sell tickets also. A person has a much better chance of buying/selling when all the options are given to them. I taught that was one of the points of this site to help people find out something they want so then surely everything should be given as an option more over from moderators.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Can't see the problem here. Of course Boards are going to recommend Adverts over the others.

It isn't the BBC*.

*other state broadcasters are available.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

You ain't a fan of Adverts, are you?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73659373

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73523573

Three threads in as many months giving out about it. Strange...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Oh yeah. Thought OP sounded familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

longpuck wrote: »
    adverts.ie has something to do with boards.ie and id ever seen or heard of the other website before but have the same sort of layout as boards.ie so i assume it also has something to do with it aswell. A moderator is the one who says it so again i would think thats promoting a boards.ie or affiliate over others like donedeal, gumtree, ebay to name a few where people can buy/sell tickets also.
    Unless the moderator is in the paid employment of adverts.ie, then I see no problem.

It's no different to the moderator linking to breakingnews.ie rather than rte.ie for a particular news story. Personal preference/recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

He also recommeneded toutless.com so your point is really null and void.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭longpuck

Orim wrote: »
    He also recommeneded toutless.com so your point is really null and void.

Yes i know they did i said that

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Can't see the problem here. Of course Boards are going to recommend Adverts over the others.

It isn't the BBC*.

*other state broadcasters are available.

And why would they recommend it over others?

No im not, for that reason i feel the other options should also be given. Look at the tickets part of adverts.ie would that be any good to someone looking for tickets for the match Sunday?

seamus wrote: »
    Unless the moderator is in the paid employment of adverts.ie, then I see no problem.

It's no different to the moderator linking to breakingnews.ie rather than rte.ie for a particular news story. Personal preference/recommendation.

Well linking breakingnews.ie or rte.ie would make them any money will it? Recommending adverts.ie over donedeal for example will make money for adverts.ie will it not? Thats if they use adverts.ie of course

Well linking breakingnews.ie or rte.ie would make them any money will it?
    Yes, advertising.

• Advertisement

Yes, advertising.

Well then going by that the mod is advertising for them then are they not? Whos to say they dont have something to do with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Whos to say they dont have something to do with them?
    Whose to say they do, unless you like just throwing baseless accusations around?

The reason adverts is likely to get more recommendations here is because of his historic connections to boards, starting off as forums here before becoming its own entity. They also have strict rules about the selling of tickets and the cost you can sell them at.

Toutless is more likely to get recommended because its a good community that again also has strict rules about the costs of tickets. If you have other options where someone can safely buy tickets with a low chance of getting conned feel free to recommend them, but I don't see why its reasonable to expect a mod to just because they are a mod.

Well then going by that the mod is advertising for them then are they not?
    Maybe I misread your comment. Linking to breakingnews.ie will not make money for the moderator. Linking to adverts.ie will not make money for the moderator.
    I don't get why you're confused here?
    Whos to say they dont have something to do with them?
    Who's to say they don't have any link to breakingnews.ie?

Maybe I misread your comment. Linking to breakingnews.ie will not make money for the moderator. Linking to adverts.ie will not make money for the moderator.
    I don't get why you're confused here?
    Who's to say they don't have any link to breakingnews.ie?

How do you know that? What if the moderator worked for breakingnews.ie? Linking adverts.ie may not make the moderator any money but it will makes adverts.ie money something thats linked to boards.ie, whos to say its not in there interest to do it?

Whose to say they do, unless you like just throwing baseless accusations around?

The reason adverts is likely to get more recommendations here is because of his historic connections to boards, starting off as forums here before becoming its own entity. They also have strict rules about the selling of tickets and the cost you can sell them at.

Toutless is more likely to get recommended because its a good community that again also has strict rules about the costs of tickets. If you have other options where someone can safely buy tickets with a low chance of getting conned feel free to recommend them, but I don't see why its reasonable to expect a mod to just because they are a mod.

Theres a low chance of them getting conned yes but theres also a low chance of them getting what they want aswell if you look at the sites compared to others

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

All of this was dealt with before. We can stop replying to him now.
    Zaph wrote: »
    Yes, it's all one big conspiracy to ensure that eBay don't get a few quid from someone selling an old pram. Happy now?

Personally I couldn't care less if adverts.ie makes millions, because neither I, nor any of the other mods on either boards or adverts will see a penny of it. I could just as easily ask you where I could buy Cornflakes and you'd tell me Dunnes. So why Dunnes and not Tesco? Or Superquinn? Or SuperValu? Or Spar? It's just an alternative suggestion when someone posts something here that they shouldn't have. That's it, nothing more, nothing less. If you don't like it, well then that's just too bad.

Too many people's time has been wasted answering your ridiculous line of questioning. You've been given the answers several times, there's nothing more we can do for you here.

/Thread locked.

How do you know that? What if the moderator worked for breakingnews.ie?
    He'd be found out fairly quickly. They usually are.
    Linking adverts.ie may not make the moderator any money but it will makes adverts.ie money something thats linked to boards.ie, whos to say its not in there interest to do it?
    If they don't work for boards.ie or adverts.ie then it's not in their interests to do it. Simple as.
    If they have a particular preference for adverts.ie on account of it being attached to boards.ie, then that's fair enough. They're not making any personal gain out of it, so why is it a problem?

I could suppose from this thread that you're affiliated with donedeal and you've started this thread to try and take business away from your primary competitor.

How do you prove otherwise?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Ah not this sh*te again. This was explained clearly the last time so we don't need to re-hash it.

/thread locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement