Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilmainham Buses

Options
  • 13-09-2011 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi, I am going to be moving to Kilmainham and I work on Harcourt street so I am trying to figure out the best bus to take to work when its too cold to walk. The apartment that I am considering is very close to the Suir Road Luas stop. I saw that these buses service Kilmainham:
    Bus: 19, 51B, 51C, 68, 69, 78A, 123, 206
    Does anyone know if these buses have a stop near Suir Road and Harcourt street?

I might also consider getting a car -- do you know if the traffic on the route (I beleive it would be S Circular Road) is busy during rush hours?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Looks like you got lost already... :)
    Moved from Dublin County North to Dublin City.

tHB

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

amandausa wrote: »
    I saw that these buses service Kilmainham:
    Bus: 19, 51B, 51C, 68, 69, 78A, 123, 206
    These must have come from an out of date website as the 19 no longer exists.

You can check the routes on the Dublin Bus website. I doubt you'll get anything quicker than the Luas to Jervis and walking from there, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Don't get a car get a bike! It's a p*ss easy cycle. It'll only take you about 20 minutes if you go along the SCR.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭amandausa

thanks!!! I don't mind walking or biking and would love to do that -- my concern is for the days when its rainy/snowy/really cold...

Is there no bus that goes up S Circular road?

Even going to Jervis and walking is fine, I am doing that now from Kingswood so it would be less of a commute from what I am used to, but I want to make sure I know all my options...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

+1 to cycling.

For wet days, most of those (the 51B, 51C, 78A, 123) go down Dame St. so that would be a bit closer than Jervis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Get yourself some good rain gear and thermals and you'll be fine on rainy/snowy/really cold days. I've been commuting around Dublin for 11 years or so now in all weather - it's easier than you might think once you have the right gear.

Anyway, the 19 would have been perfect but that's gone now. The 68A has replaced it but I'm not sure of its new route. Maybe someone else knows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

amandausa wrote: »

Is there no bus that goes up S Circular road?
    Yes, the 68 (or 68A which just operates to & from Bulfin Rd) goes up SCR. Basically the same route as 19 but goes further.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/68-/

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭amandausa

Thank you all so much !!! :) Now I just have to figure out where to get on and off and I am set for those days I don't feel like walking/biking. Well, I guess I have to move into my new apartment first too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

+ 1 to the cycling. Cheapest and quickest way to get around. In the heavy snow it's not great but to be honest nothing really is, best off walking in the snow. Check out if your workplace does the bike to work scheme
    The 122 bus goes through Drimnagh, Dolphins Barn, down SCR and Camden/Wexford st, That could be the handiest bus for you, short walk at either end.

Advertisement