Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone snatchers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭stas

But in Cycling forum?

Ah, I see what you did there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Heard this on the radio and saw it in the paper. Just to tell people, when you get a phone, use the *#06# command to get your IMEI number and take it down somewhere. Seriously, phone companies have this information connected to your account and it will always be your unique phone's identifier.

Am saying this because both the radio and paper said that the phones get wiped and are untraceable afterwards. With the IMEI number, you can actually identify your phone again even if it has been wiped (and painted green :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭clod71

I feel like putting on a wig and go for a walk with a baseball bat under my coat...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,074 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Handbag snatching on mopeds is a bit of an Italian cliche - I remember my mum telling me about that decades ago.

Now we have Dublin scummers on "push bikes" stealing iPhones.

Somehow it just doesn't have the same romance.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭clod71

Lumen wrote: »
    Handbag snatching on mopeds is a bit of an Italian cliche - I remember my mum telling me about that decades ago.

this is an italian classic comedy from the 80's :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0ymZY_Tbs

Enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,767 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

"Push bike" and "bikers" are two terms making headway in the media here. (Though push bike has been around much longer.)

Some Danish acquaintances of mine always say "biking" and "bikers". It always puts me in mind of that parody of American soccer commentary:
    Wolff procrastinates over a sideline handpass and is ref-charged for clock abuse
    he top-bodies the sphere into the score-bag, and Mexico have a double-negative stat!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

These pricks probably have expensive stolen bikes too.

If someone unsuccessfully tries to take my phone, I'm taking his bike.

This will, of course, never happen.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I know a few people this has happened to and none of the perpetrators were on bikes.

Make sure you enable the find my iPhone feature on the phone, gives you some chance in this situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

Perhaps a nice pony and trap?
    tomasrojo wrote: »
    "Push bike" and "bikers" are two terms making headway in the media here. (Though push bike has been around much longer.)

Don't get me started on 'bicycling'/'bicyclist'/etc.. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,767 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Doctor Bob wrote: »
    Don't get me started on 'bicycling'/'bicyclist'/etc.. :mad:
    If anyone wants to set up a rival national cycling advocacy group to cyclist.ie, bicyclist.ie is still available. biker.ie seems to have been scooped up by some fellows who use engines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,074 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

If anyone wants to set up a rival national cycling advocacy group to cyclist.ie, bicyclist.ie is still available. biker.ie seems to have been scooped up by some fellows who use engines.

Unfortunately rules.eu is taken. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Unfortunately rules.eu is taken. :(

Domain Name	Country	Availability  	
    eu.ro		Romania	Reserved/Not Available

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

RedXIV wrote: »
    Heard this on the radio and saw it in the paper. Just to tell people, when you get a phone, use the *#06# command to get your IMEI number and take it down somewhere. Seriously, phone companies have this information connected to your account and it will always be your unique phone's identifier.

Am saying this because both the radio and paper said that the phones get wiped and are untraceable afterwards. With the IMEI number, you can actually identify your phone again even if it has been wiped (and painted green :) )
    It's possible to change the IMEI number...

Only on some phones, but blocking the IMEI only works in this country so if they go else where there usable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Its also printed directly onto the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

This explains the proliferation of iPod wearing zombie cyclists.

Also, I prefer "Push-bike" to "cycling-bike" as some lad kept saying on the radio yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

More proof of cyclists being a law unto yourselves. What are yous gonna be doing next? Selling drugs? Murdering pensioners?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

"if you havent got an iphone" its been stolen by a dublin cyclist :D

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Tazium

More proof of cyclists being a law unto yourselves. What are yous gonna be doing next? Selling drugs? Murdering pensioners?

Nah, just more running red lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Tazium

"if you havent got an iphone" its been stolen by a dublin cyclist :D

There's an App for that.

• Advertisement

Today FM Last Word Talking about it ATM

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭rp

(Though push bike has been around much longer.)
    ....as these four young Australian fellows can attest: The Mixtures
    Warning: video contains incidents of bicycle stalking and riding three abreast.

Advertisement