Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hand Held Ash Vac

Options
  • 13-09-2011 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

Does anyone know where i can purchase a hand held ash vac. Or how good are they?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

If your using them purely for ash then they work ok, however if there is remnants of coal wood etc in the ashes then they get blocked up so it depends on what kind of ashes you usually have. I have one but never use it (think its been used twice in total) as i had to then get a bucket and remove the pieces of coal etc from the fireplace and so just use the old fashioned bucket and spade now. I should stick mine in the dealer....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Technique

Watson Hire were selling them last Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ootbitb

add on to ordinary vac should be avoided as will destroy the motor in my experience:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 derek1974

Clonleigh Co-op in Castlefinn sell the ashvac. Was looking at it and it has a built in motor. Not sure how good they are

Advertisement