Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Sponsorship/second year WH visa?

Options
  • 13-09-2011 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Well lads and ladies, I know this is my first post but I would greatly appreciate some or any help.

I am 20 years of age. I have been in the country on a working holiday visa for the past 7 and a half months and have been living in a place called Albury in NSW for all of that duration. The reason I am here is I have an aunt, some cousins, and a girlfriend (who is Australian) here.

I have worked in a heating/air Conditioning for 5 months and have stared and new job 1 month ago in a boat making factory called Malibu boats.

Anyway, what I am wondering is:
    1. Weather any of my jobs would be eligible for specified work for my second year visa , or could they be made eligible as I am living in a regional area for the whole year?

2. Would family sponsorship be possible through my aunt (who is an Australian citizen/resident for over 30 years) who I live next to? And if so, what would be the best way to proceed with this?

Any help would be great, thanks lads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mod Op first thing you should do is have a read over the FAQ sticky thread, that is a good source of general information.
    the government's website contains all you need to know about the 2nd year visa
    http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/eligibility-second.htm#h
    You'll find a link that mentions what postcodes are eligible - I think Albury is 2640 and should be fine

You will also find a link that explains what specified work is.
    I don't know if heating/air-conditioning would qualify as construction work.
    But you could be okay with the boat building
    "conducting operations relating directly to taking or catching fish and other aquatic species" again I am not sure you can probably tell us this.

On to your family visa question - answer is no. Aunt/Uncle/cousin etc don't count unless they are your next of kin (i.e. only near relatives)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Dunne_bkill

hussey wrote: »
    Mod Op first thing you should do is have a read over the FAQ sticky thread, that is a good source of general information.
    You'll find a link that mentions what postcodes are eligible - I think Albury is 2640 and should be fine

"conducting operations relating directly to taking or catching fish and other aquatic species" again I am not sure you can probably tell us this.

On to your family visa question - answer is no. Aunt/Uncle/cousin etc don't count unless they are your next of kin (i.e. only near relatives)

Thanks for your help mate. Yes, Albury is a rural area. On the specified work I guess the only real way for me to find out would be to ring the emigration office, do you think? the boat building factory is for ski and wake board boats.

On the family visa, I thought it may be possible if you do not talk to you patents in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Thanks for your help mate. Yes, Albury is a rural area. On the specified work I guess the only real way for me to find out would be to ring the emigration office, do you think? the boat building factory is for ski and wake board boats.

On the family visa, I thought it may be possible if you do not talk to you patents in Ireland?

Hussey is right just cause your not talking to your parents at home won't mean any thing to the visa office.

You'd have more hope trying for a partner visa with your gf. But isn't easy or quick plus it will coast you as well.

Ozeire wrote: »

Hussey is right just cause your not talking to your parents at home won't mean any thing to the visa office.

You'd have more hope trying for a partner visa with your gf. But isn't easy or quick plus it will coast you as well.

True. But can a partner visa be done for just a girlfriend?? Thought it had to br married or engaged.

Thanks for help guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

No if you are living together for over 6 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Zambia wrote: »
    It's not jsut living together. it has to be a defacto relationship.
    Prety sure its 12 months. They accept 6 months for 457 applications, but they may look for the full 12 months with a citizen.

Regarding heating/air-conditioning it would cout as construction under Class 3233;
    Division E Construction >> Subdivision 32 Construction Services >> Group 323 Building Installation Services >> Class 3233 Air Conditioning and Heating Services

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mellor wrote: »
    Regarding heating/air-conditioning it would cout as construction under Class 3233;

Op I think you might owe Mellor a pint ;)

Zambia wrote: »
    It's not jsut living together. it has to be a defacto relationship.
    Prety sure its 12 months. They accept 6 months for 457 applications, but they may look for the full 12 months with a citizen.

Division E Construction >> Subdivision 32 Construction Services >> Group 323 Building Installation Services >> Class 3233 Air Conditioning and Heating Services

Thanks mellor, that's great news for me. Did you pull that frOm the specified work list or where??

I done that work through an agency, I presume them signing menoff for it would be ok?

Thanks a million or you help once again guys.

Edit: just seen it's mostly INSTALLATION, only the manufacture of duct work for air-conditioning is there (which they did make in the factory). Would they be this specific???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Indeed Mellor is correct as per the Partner Visa

You and your partner must have been in a de facto relationship for the entire 12 months immediately prior to lodging your application.

So spend that extra year with your Aussie missus.

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/partners/partner/820-801/eligibility-defacto.htm

Thanks mellor, that's great news for me. Did you pull that frOm the specified work list or where??
    The from the 2nd WHV page pn the Immigration website.
    I done that work through an agency, I presume them signing menoff for it would be ok?
    An agency is fine but the the that hired you through the agency should put his details down too.
    Edit: just seen it's mostly INSTALLATION, only the manufacture of duct work for air-conditioning is there (which they did make in the factory). Would they be this specific???
    Where you involved is the factory, or installing on site.
    I imagine both would be ok

• Advertisement

The from the 2nd WHV page pn the Immigration website.
    An agency is fine but the the that hired you through the agency should put his details down too.
    Where you involved is the factory, or installing on site.
    I imagine both would be ok

I was involved in the manufacture of air conditioning and heater in the factory, occasionally installation. Do you think they would be this specific?

I'd say its ok, as long as the company is involved with installation in general.
    Just like off site work in another profession

I'd say its ok, as long as the company is involved with installation in general.
    Just like off site work in another profession

Good stuff. Thanks for your help mate, appreciate it.

Advertisement