Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edible Glitter in Galway?

Options
  • 13-09-2011 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hi boardies,

Anyone know if you can buy edible glitter in/around Galway?
    I'm making a cake and need some red.

Thanking you!
    BB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Hi BB, stuff4cakes or Anthony Ryan's both have them. If they fail then Decobake in Athlone.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Blinking_Badger

Thank you SO much TillyGirl! That's fantastic news.

CHeers again,
    BB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Yes stuff4cakes is your best bet, if Anthony Ryans/Ryan's Homestore do have them they'll be about twice the price.

Oh really? Is stuff4cakes only online? I need the glitter by Thurs/Fri!

Thanks
    BB

Anthony Ryans glitter is 13 yoyos!

Is this the going rate for said glitter??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Try McCambridges, I know they've started stocking a lot more cake decorating stuff so they might have it.

If you order today you'd have it by Thursday from stuff4cakes, or you can go out to them in Clonboo and pick it up. Little tubs are about €3, Anthony Ryan's are absolute robbery for cake stuff. I know it's not a large part of their business so they're not buying in bulk and have to charge more, but I mean come on. I saw cupcake cases there that were €3.00 for 50, exact same ones were €1.99 in Decobake Athlone.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Acoshla wrote: »
    If you order today you'd have it by Thursday from stuff4cakes, or you can go out to them in Clonboo and pick it up. Little tubs are about €3, Anthony Ryan's are absolute robbery for cake stuff. I know it's not a large part of their business so they're not buying in bulk and have to charge more, but I mean come on. I saw cupcake cases there that were €3.00 for 50, exact same ones were €1.99 in Decobake Athlone.

Oh, are they based in Clonboo? Do they have a shop or is it a home business. So tempted by that site.

moonflower wrote: »
    Try McCambridges, I know they've started stocking a lot more cake decorating stuff so they might have it.

Thanks Moonflower, totally forgot about McCambridges, I'll check them out tomorrow-failing that I'll take a spin out to Clonboo and stock up! (Thanks Acoshla).

Yours,
    BB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I've gotten glitter in Ryan's for about €5 before. Stuff4cakes is cheaper but if it's a once off then it's easier to go to Ryan's.

Stuff4cakes is a home business but you can arrange a time to call out. I often go out on my lunch break!

• Advertisement

Yeah just give her a call and you can pop out and have a looky around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ROZLYN

Have dealt with Audrey in stuff4cakes a couple of times now and she has a great selection and her prices beat everywhere handsdown. Worth the trip, she is located just before you come to the first pub in the village (sorry forget pubs name).

Advertisement