Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diploma in Digital Video Production & Post-production

• 13-09-2011 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi guys,

Anyone know about this course - http://www.dbs.ie/Digital-Video-Production-Postproduction/Evening-Diploma.htm ?

Expensive enough but I was wondering if anyone had done it or heard about it...any feedback welcome! Have no experience in this area and am looking for something that isn't 4 years long at the moment.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

The programme is delivered through a series of practical production workshops. Production workshops are equipped with JVCGYHD ProHD Camcorders, Senheisser film audio equipment and dedicated studio space equipped with Arri and Kino flo lighting. A dedicated editing suite is provided for post production workshops with all Apple machines running Final Cut Studio.

I'll be honest. But if you have the self motivation, I know you can get access to the same equipment volunteering for a community television company such as Near TV out in coolock. And it'll be a fraction of the cost to do their volunteer programme.

Saying that though, equipment is only half of the course, I never been on this course so cant comment on the actually teaching. Just the equipment they are offering is nothing exciting.

Advertisement