Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinking of an estate

• 13-09-2011 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

As the title suggests I'm thinking of buting an estate.

Not sure what I want but it needs to be somewhat pretty (no clapped out boxy volvo).

I need it because I have two dogs now and driving them in the car is a pain in the jacksy.

Budget is about 2500 plus a 1999 alfa 166.

Any suggestions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

Have you considered seat covers for your alfa?

Anywho, with Alfa estates going second hand for 1000eur.... http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2238500

Keep both cars maybe? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭markens2

I hadn't thought about the V70.

Didn't think it would be in budget.

The merc looks nice too.

Might give a ring around and see what I'd be looking at to change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Something like this? I have one and once you've the dog guard integrated into the rear blind its perfect for dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭markens2

OOOHHH Alfas make me feel tingly in my special parts.

They are stunning.

I think I'd miss the mentalness that is alfa!! Boot release button in the glove box.

I'm now weighing up the option of keeping the 166 and buying another one.

I can't seem to sell the 166 and it makes me happy so why sell it. I could park it in the drive and use it as a nice comfy smoking area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭sept09baby

I was in a similar position last year and ended up getting a Fiat Stilo Estate (2004) for 3k with about 28k miles on the clock. It was well checked out by a mechanic (who is not a Fiat fan!) and he said it was in perfect nick so I snapped it up.

Now I know its not a performer but the back is HUGE and it's never put a foot wrong. I have 4 dogs (2 lurchers and 2 terriers) and also a toddler, car seat, buggy etc to cart around and have never been stuck for space. I even managed to collect a 3 seat sofa for a friend cos the back seats fold flat. It's a comfortable car to drive and I dread the day I'll have to give it up!

Value for money I really think it's been a winner. Timing belt needs to be done soon but other than that it hasn't cost me a penny in repairs etc.

You could pick up one for 1.5k for carting the dogs around and hang on to the Alfa to keep your special place happy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭sean_d

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Something like this? I have one and once you've the dog guard integrated into the rear blind its perfect for dogs.

Jeepers, that Alfa makes my special place happy too - BUT, it was for sale for €300 less 5 days ago, and seems to have lost an owner along the way http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2493472

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Personally I would love an A4 or A6 Avant Quattro S-Line but they hold their value something savage. :(

Advertisement