Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coal providers in Louth

Options
  • 13-09-2011 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Winter is coming...
    Just wondering where people on here buy their coal/fuel supplies if buying in bulk. Any recommendations on who's the cheapest,etc...?
    I generally try to avoid buying from service stations as their 40kg bags are way dearer than the likes of some building providers in or around Drogheda.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

king coal are normally quite competitive www.homefuel.ie in saying that i got 10 bales of briquettes from deeside agri yesterday for €32 they are on the ardee link road off the motorway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭whizbang

Sorry for jumping this one, but not sure where else to post:
    Im up north quite a bit and need to stock up again, so can anyone point me to good value coal newry/belfast areas ?
    I know i should be keeping my money south, but there's just too much of a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 koptart

Theres a place out by the old customs on the old newry road. Its called wholesale home fuels. Its 69c a litre of kerosene at the moment and bags of coal, large, doubles or slack for €6. They wouldnt be the big bags but they're still cheaper. We stocked up last year and I bought coal for everyone for Xmas! They have a trailer with an oil tank in it that you can fill up and take home with you and pump it into your own tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭whizbang

thanks for that, i presume its € not £ !
    if its 25k bags, thats good prices either way

• Registered Users Posts: 14 koptart

Whizbang those prices are €. Great value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Bought singles for €11/40kg in the old garden centre in dunleer across from filling station,cheaper than king coal nearby,no afiliation except being a customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

whizbang wrote: »
    Sorry for jumping this one, but not sure where else to post:
    Im up north quite a bit and need to stock up again, so can anyone point me to good value coal newry/belfast areas ?
    I know i should be keeping my money south, but there's just too much of a difference.

http://www.banbridgefuels.com/
    I used to travel from Newry to buy here, so that will tell you what the price difference is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

moonshadow wrote: »
    Bought singles for €11/40kg in the old garden centre in dunleer across from filling station,cheaper than king coal nearby,no afiliation except being a customer.
    whats it like to burn?

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

whelan1 wrote: »
    whats it like to burn?

I was thinking the same myself but thanks for the tip all the same!

Smyths Garage in Slane do 6x40kg bags for €60. Heard it burns pretty bad though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Its fine its stafford fuel singles.I use it with a log on the open fire lasts very well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement