Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating a test in Selenium IDE

Options
  • 13-09-2011 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi there, I use Selenium IDE plug in got FF in work and I am self taught. Does anyone know if it is possible to "loop back" and repeat a test case and increase a variable by 1.

For example I use it to register test accounts and at the moment if I want to create 20 new users I have to run it and then increase my test username eg from test101 to test 102 and run it again.

is it possible to set it up to loop through 20 time each time increasing the username variable by +1 or something similar.

Cheers,

Mark.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I don't think that is possible with the IDE, there are plugins that will do this but I've never used them.

Easiest would be to implement the tests in PHP, Ruby, Python, C#, Java, etc and run them against a local standalone selenium server. I use Java with TestNG and it is very straight forward to get up and running. You could use a DataProvider for setting up your test users.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 xdolomite

here is a simple loop in selenium IDE

<tr>
    <td>store</td>
    <td>0</td>
    <td>index</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>while</td>
    <td>index <20</td>
    <td></td>
    </tr>