Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live is down

• 13-09-2011 1:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭

Tried to play Black Ops online today and couldn't connect to Xbox live. Thought it may have been that I needed to recover my gamertag as I had been using it on a friends console yesterday but it won't connect to Xbox Live to recover.

I got in touch with microsoft via the online chat option and the customer service guy told me that Live is down at the moment and to try it again later and keep an eye on the website.

Still not working some hours later now and the website has nothing on it to suggest that they are even experiencing problems.

The Xbox website seems to be overloaded too, getting error pages on a lot of links and need to refresh multiple times for them to load.

Seems like MS are experiencing serious issues...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Seems to be working fine for me, or was five minutes ago.

Edit - yep I'm online in BLOPS right now. God I love zombies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

There website is down :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

grrr, MS lying to me then! :D

But seriously I still haven't got a connection.

joe123 wrote: »
    There website is down :confused:

And how. It was semi operational this morning but it's gone completely now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭JonB

Xbox live and xbox.com are both down for me. How will I save the princess from the castle now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Fifa 12 Demo is out today and XBL goes down just as I pressed the confirm download button :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭Con_R

Tried to play Black Ops online today and couldn't connect to Xbox live. Thought it may have been that I needed to recover my gamertag as I had been using it on a friends console yesterday but it won't connect to Xbox Live to recover.

I got in touch with microsoft via the online chat option and the customer service guy told me that Live is down at the moment and to try it again later and keep an eye on the website.

Still not working some hours later now and the website has nothing on it to suggest that they are even experiencing problems.

The Xbox website seems to be overloaded too, getting error pages on a lot of links and need to refresh multiple times for them to load.

Seems like MS are experiencing serious issues...
    That was me you were talking to Emmett haha Yeah it's a bit of a nightmare here as you can imagine. We're not really getting any info, but I'll try to keep people updated if I can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Is it a log in issue because I'm definitely online and playing now. Just wondering if I should risk logging out.

Is it a log in issue because I'm definitely online and playing now. Just wondering if I should risk logging out.
    No it's the service itself that's down, which would also include login issues. It's not specific though, it just seems to be an overall blackout :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Seems to be an issue not affecting everyone, some people can still log in.
    But the vast majority of people are indeed unable to log in.

• Advertisement

Con_R wrote: »
    That was me you were talking to Emmett haha Yeah it's a bit of a nightmare here as you can imagine. We're not really getting any info, but I'll try to keep people updated if I can.

:D

What are the chances! I can only imagine you're having a tough day at the office!

Any info would be much appreciated. I rarely use Live, have a week off work and the first time in months I decide to play COD and this happens :rolleyes:

Typical!

:D

What are the chances! I can only imagine you're having a tough day at the office!

Any info would be much appreciated. I rarely use Live, have a week off work and the first time in months I decide to play COD and this happens :rolleyes:

Typical!
    Really sorry man :( They've obviously said they're working on it, but we honestly have no kind of timeframe for a fix. It's a worldwide thing too, I've had customers from the UK and the US having the same problems. More often than not it'll give an MTU error when you test the connection, but it's a false error because of the outage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Fair play Con R, good to have someone on the inside :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 stuartamurray

Hi Guys

From what i heard throught the grape fine "STREAM" a friend works there
    they are about to release the new interface or dashboard, which is due about know so i would say that that update is being released today.
    Stuart
    STuar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Hi Guys

they are about to release the new interface or dashboard, which is due about know so i would say that that update is being released today.
    Stuart
    STuar
    Lol no thats not it, the dash updates dont come till November

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Hi Guys

Stuart
    STuar

No idea who told you that but there is nothing like this planned :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

omgwu.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Working for me, downloading FIFA 12 demo now and was just on BLOPS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Probably a back end change to accomidate the future dash update (seeing as its a major one and all). In work atm so hopefully will be sorted when I get in, if not it'll have been the first day outage for me on xbl in over a year.... not a bad track record in my books.

Xbox.com seems to be back anyway, not sure about Live itself, it appears to be still out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

mines down, why does it have to be down when the fifa demo is out :(

Still down here, wreckin' my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

mines perfectly fine

It's strange how some people don't seem to be affected at all. I wonder why the issue would be selective.

There is a page on the website now acknowledging a fault but it doesn't give a time frame for a fix.

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live-status

And as soon as I typed my last post my Live started working again! Hurrah!

Advertisement