Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 12 Boards.ie Pro Club

Options
  • 13-09-2011 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

I thought I'd start the thread with the demo coming out tomorrow, I know its a bit early. Last year there was great craic with it and PaddyBomb did a great job of setting it up and managing it(I was more assistant manager) and I would definitely have him leading the charge again. As always all are welcome, doesn't matter if you're not good just once you're a team player. Hopefully we can a few veterans from last year and new faces too. This year we'll try and organise a set time and night to suit everyone and get a good few of us playing. So as standard procedure goes just put your user name and position you'd like to play down and you'll be added when the club starts up. If you have any questions just post them or send me a message on the PSN, user name TheTosh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

MarkLogan-91 - Forward

I'd play again this year in some shape or form, but time would come down to one or two things.

One would be positions, best not to give pref to anyone, It should be mixed up, one or two lads wrecked my head last year being strikers every game.

Second would be ANY, I don't mind doing it sometimes, but when I wouldn't pick it no one else did and we had AI controlled players.
    ANY is essential, and some variation in the ANY player is needed, personally I wouldnt be giving out to someone who had a 'bad' game as it, if that was the off putting thing for some.

If there's some variation in the ANY player and positions(with not too many players, ANY would really want 4 backs and at least one midfield to keep interest) I'll play a lot this year, otherwise I'll be an occasional player.

I would have got back into it after xmas but i deleted my save files and learned the PRO player is tied to that and NOT the online account :(....didnt want to start over.

Hoping they fix the mics this year, and sort the button lag but dont think they've changed the prob of AI filler players being complete and utter ****e :(

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Totally agree with you especially with the rotation of positions and its only fair that everyone gets a go in their preferred position

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Yeah I'm up for this again and agree with the rotation points as well.

We'll see how different it is this year regards the ANY player and the stupid AI players too. Hopefully it's improved.

Looking forward to playing with everyone again.

Jez not many replies?.

I wouldnt mind getting into this, and playing Pro Ranked is pointless(goalies running up the pitch etc...

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm up for playing a few games. Just trying to round up all the players we had last year and we set something up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I'll play if you want. PSN : hoorhouse

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

I'd like to play too if someone could tell me what I'd need to do.
    Apologies, never did it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Same here.

Is this a case of everyone playing with their PRO players?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

I'll play as well lads, new recruit, just swapped over from Pro Evo so still getting to grips with Fifa 12. Online name is "Bijilf" and position is central-midfielder :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭icanplaydrums

I'm in. What i gotta do?

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Same here.

Is this a case of everyone playing with their PRO players?
    I'm in. What i gotta do?

Set up your ''Virtual Pro'' player. And go to Pro Clubs, search for Boards.ie and Paddybomb as GM will have to accept.

You can play with random players in Pro Ranked to boost your player, however the problem is you're playing with 15+ randomers who don't want to play their positions or pass the ball, goalies run up the pitch, defenders don't defend etc....

And lads who dont get a good position make you wait the timer out.

The best way to boost is to put your Pro on a 5 star team, play ''kick off'' games on World Class difficulty against a 1/2 star teams for 15minute half games and start notching up the achievements, you'll get plenty of chances for the Attacking ones online, so best to just boost the more annoying ones(defending etc...) in the Kick Off games.

You can alter the CPU players in the in- game sliders, put them all down to nothing so they don't move fast.

Same as above, just send a request, ''Boards'' should find it.

I'll have the game soon and I'll be able to join just couldn't afford it at due to my best friend and fellow boardsie Prufrock's wedding

Set up your ''Virtual Pro'' player. And go to Pro Clubs, search for Boards.ie and Paddybomb as GM will have to accept.

You can play with random players in Pro Ranked to boost your player, however the problem is you're playing with 15+ randomers who don't want to play their positions or pass the ball, goalies run up the pitch, defenders don't defend etc....

And lads who dont get a good position make you wait the timer out.

The best way to boost is to put your Pro on a 5 star team, play ''kick off'' games on World Class difficulty against a 1/2 star teams for 15minute half games and start notching up the achievements, you'll get plenty of chances for the Attacking ones online, so best to just boost the more annoying ones(defending etc...) in the Kick Off games.

You can alter the CPU players in the in- game sliders, put them all down to nothing so they don't move fast.

Cool. I'll get on that as soon as I can. What positions are taken at the moment?

Cool. I'll get on that as soon as I can. What positions are taken at the moment?

No positions are taken as such, will rotate by game.

You need to play a bit of every position for all the different accomplishments, best to do the defensive ones against a poor AI team on longer games to get those ones done.
    You don't want to be going made sliding around online, so you can do those against a 1/2 star team with depleted CPU ability.

You can even change to old defence as well to make them easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭tommy89

Il join. PSN is tomduffy89. sending request now

I'll be on tomorrow to accept all requests and send out other invites.

A few tricks to do accomplishments quicker are to download a "Bad City" or a "Hopeless" team out of the Creation Centre and play against them on kick off. This year you can go into CPU customisation as well, where you can lower the CPU's speed and acceleration. So basically you can just run the pitch and get the goals and assists you need.

We'll get some games going before the weekend if there's a few on and ready to play.

How do you customise the CPU stuff Paddy?

I'll join up anyway. PSN is nkay1985. I'll send off an application if I'm on in the morning.

How do you customise the CPU stuff Paddy?

You can do it in game settings before the match starts or during the game. You can also play with the player settings too so that all your shots go on target and stuff. Some things are best left alone though because they make it hard to control your player.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭diddly3000

hi lads lookin for a club to play in, i play CAM, pro is 88 . i like to pass rather than shoot, get much more satisfaction from an assist than a goal. i always look for ball from defence, so im not always bombing forward like a headless chicken iv seen in so many games (like my current club..which only seem to play long bloody ball)
    im a gooner through and through, so if you hava a space for a AMC, then add me.
    psn: kn1ght_crawler84

CHEERS MICHAEL

PS. i have a headset, so teamwork is essentialbiggrin.gif

• Advertisement

What's the story with this lads? I set up a character and applied to join the club. I think I was even accepted but haven't heard anything since. Has there been any games played?

Just seems to haven't kicked off as well as last year. I've played in a few games with 4 or 5 of us on. I think it might be just about waiting to see how many are online and messaging them to see if they want to play clubs.

This is my favourite part of FIFA but it's about getting the numbers on at the same time.

Recently had to format my ps3 so lost all my save files. Gonna have to build my pro again but batman keeps getting in the way

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

I'll give it a go.

POS: RM

I sent an invite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Would be interested in joining in with ye lads as a club, my VP is rated 90 :)

PSN: RonTheDon3000

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

Just got UPC broadband in. John Locke is coming back to boards.ie. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Hey whats the craic with this? I tried to join, but it says maximum invites have been sent.

In case this has died a death, i've set up boardsies FC, so feel free to join, if the other team is still running and I can join that i'll delete the other team.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

This still going lads??

Seems the Boards club has being closed, it's completed disappeared for me and I saw it there 2/3 days ago, can't find it in search either.

I'm not sure how active Paddybomb was either to accept any new requests.

I'll set up another one, anyone up for playing?.

I'd be up for playing regularly based on one or two conditions which are fair:

1. No hogging off positions, no-one is a ''striker'' or the likes, fair rotation.

2. Everybody takes turns as the ANY, I found with the last two clubs I played, we either played with the computer(waste of time and boring) or I had to play it.
    It's not easy to play(the AI team filling players they give are abysmal) but it's 10 times better than AI controlled players.

Mics would be handy, at least if some players had them, takes too long to type messages in the box.

Anyone else interested and like minded?, You'd think 1-3 would be common sense, but I always got sick of playing with clubs due to position hogging and lack of alternative ANY players.

• Advertisement

Seems the Boards club has being closed, it's completed disappeared for me and I saw it there 2/3 days ago, can't find it in search either.

I'm not sure how active Paddybomb was either to accept any new requests.

I'll set up another one, anyone up for playing?.

I'd be up for playing regularly based on one or two conditions which are fair:

1. No hogging off positions, no-one is a ''striker'' or the likes, fair rotation.

2. Everybody takes turns as the ANY, I found with the last two clubs I played, we either played with the computer(waste of time and boring) or I had to play it.
    It's not easy to play(the AI team filling players they give are abysmal) but it's 10 times better than AI controlled players.

Mics would be handy, at least if some players had them, takes too long to type messages in the box.

Anyone else interested and like minded?, You'd think 1-3 would be common sense, but I always got sick of playing with clubs due to position hogging and lack of alternative ANY players.

Have created a club called BoardsEire, I'll make as many others a GM as possible after so the club can stay active this time.

Advertisement