Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you get money in Owed from Debtors who refuse to pay? Look what this fella did

Options
  • 13-09-2011 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

So I assume a lot of you are getting the usual.

"Sorry cant pay"
    "Not enough work"
    "nothing I can Do"

Now I know in some of these circumstances the debtor is genuinely in trouble. But what gets me is debtors that are still working away and using the banks etc as cover for not paying. I have had a few instances where I know person X had the money and was working away but just said screw you. What do you think of how this carpenter took matters into his own hands with a local Cafe he did some work in! I reckon the gateway will cough up fairly quick with the amount of bad publicity this generated.
    Have you taken any drastic action to get your money back if so what did you do and did it work?

http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/2011/09/05/the-gateway-to-contractor-hell/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭INEEDANID

Very good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Good lad Eoin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Fair play to him but I wonder has he made himself very undesirable to other potential customers who are afraid of the crane arriving at their door if they don't manage payment on time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Cianos wrote: »
    Fair play to him but I wonder has he made himself very undesirable to other potential customers who are afraid of the crane arriving at their door if they don't manage payment on time?

Or long after time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Cianos wrote: »

I imagine he tried many normal avenues, before he resorted to those tactics.
    Besides, he's probably not really interested in more voluntary work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

And this is an ancidote to all the political correctness tripe that has been spread through the air vents of peoples homes for the last decade.

I applaud him!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

He should have got a bigger sign but fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭SalthillGuy

I wonder what it costs to rent the reach truck for a few hours. The guy with the truck could be a very effective debt collector.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 poker joker

this is brilliant, any legal buffs out there comment on legality?

(I know if it is true, it's prob legal)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Could fall foul of the libel laws, but if what he said is true he's fine.

Wonder if it's still there or has been paid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭paul71

If he is parked legally then it is fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

Musnt be stuck for money if he can afford to have a crane with a big sign sitting there everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

And this is an ancidote to all the political correctness tripe that has been spread through the air vents of peoples homes for the last decade.

I applaud him!

I applaud him too, but I fail to see what political correctness has to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

maxxie wrote: »
    Musnt be stuck for money if he can afford to have a crane with a big sign sitting there everyday

I doubt he claimed to be stuck for money, rather that he should be paid for the work he did :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭bgo1

A lot of bigger companies pay more to retrieve the debt than is owed to them so as not to set a precedent so even if he did hire the crane (doubt it!) for more than the bill was worth he was dead right to name and shame :D

Advertisement