Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adobe premiere cs3 exporting problem

Options
  • 13-09-2011 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Im a really big noob when it comes to editing video but anyway I decided I wanted to start a Vlog ( I know alotta people think thats lame but what ever! haha) Im using adobe premiere cs3 and it took me all day to edit footage I had taken and when I was finally finished and I exprted it the footage quality of the video had gone down a massive amount, its kind of blurry and grainy and Ive no idea why :( any help would be hugely appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Video formats are a nightmare. You may have set a very low bitrate (the amount of data used per frame/second to display the picture) which is causing low quality.

I'm completely confused by it all too, I had to make 40 different versions of the same file just to get a version that worked on a particular media player.

I'd say if you can use H.263 format(or container as I learned) as that's what most internet sites use.

Here are some guides I came across that try to explain it.

format guide
    http://anythingbutipod.com/2008/11/video-format-roundup/

Bitrate guide
    http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/bitrate_guide.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Willow01

Thanks for the reply! emmm I still dont understand really though I had a fiddle around with bitrates but to no avail :( it just seems determined to come out all blurry it would seem :(

What format are you exporting it in?

Ive basicly tried em all! the original clips (which are pretty good quality) are quicktime but if I try to export as a quicktime then I only get the audio and not the video!

I'm still guessing it's a bitrate problem, that's what would cause those compression artefacts like blockiness and blur.

I assume your just exporting the video and using media encoder to make the final video.

You should be able to get a completely uncompressed version by selecting uncompressed microsoft AVI then on the video tab make sure the quality slider is at 100 and maybe tick match sequence setting at the top. that should be as high a quality as you can get.

• Advertisement

emmm where abouts do I get to select uncompressed microsoft AVI?

File> export > media> this will open the media encoder. At the top on the left there will be a drop down menu where you can select the format uncompressed or it may say lossless avi (première just froze on me on this machine and I have CS5 so it may be slightly different). below you'll see tabs for video and audio where you can set the quality.

I would also recommend the Adobe series of classroom in a book. I got the première one off Amazon and found it excellent, real straightforward in a tutorial format and includes a load of media to practice on.

Well the file came out 23.1 gb big and I amnt able to play it on anything it would seem :(
    Ill have to get my hands on that when I get some money to spare its a shame this is all so confusing

It is very confusing, it may help if I could see a screen grab of the settings page and what bitrate your using.

like the way the encoder is set up? (argh! sorry Im so noobish! lol)

• Advertisement

Is this it?

Advertisement