Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You say the problem in the area is fixed...

Options
  • 13-09-2011 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

...but it's not. Basically in the Cloughjordan area in Tipperary there was an issue with the broadband since Saturday the 3rd of September, the internet connection was dropping constant packet loss and basically a pain in the head. When i rang the 1901 number it had the automated message telling me that Eircom knew there was a problem in the area and that they were working on it. But today while trying to use my internet constantly getting disconnected and losing packets everytime i tried to load a site or play games i decided to ring and find out if the problem was still being fixed. But the automated message was removed so i went through to an agent and he told me that the problem had been fixed, and i can assure you it has not, because the disconnects are still happening and packets keep timing out. When i said this to the agent he went through the usual crap of asking me to disconnect my sky reset the router blah blah blah. Here's a shocker none of it worked :O, so it's been 10 days now and the internet connection is just a joke and i'm wondering if the issue will be resolved in the area or what? :/ Bit of an essay but i'm pretty annoyed so i don't care, Thanks for taking the time to read, -Dean.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

DeanH544 wrote: »
    ...but it's not. Basically in the Cloughjordan area in Tipperary there was an issue with the broadband since Saturday the 3rd of September, the internet connection was dropping constant packet loss and basically a pain in the head. When i rang the 1901 number it had the automated message telling me that Eircom knew there was a problem in the area and that they were working on it. But today while trying to use my internet constantly getting disconnected and losing packets everytime i tried to load a site or play games i decided to ring and find out if the problem was still being fixed. But the automated message was removed so i went through to an agent and he told me that the problem had been fixed, and i can assure you it has not, because the disconnects are still happening and packets keep timing out. When i said this to the agent he went through the usual crap of asking me to disconnect my sky reset the router blah blah blah. Here's a shocker none of it worked :O, so it's been 10 days now and the internet connection is just a joke and i'm wondering if the issue will be resolved in the area or what? :/ Bit of an essay but i'm pretty annoyed so i don't care, Thanks for taking the time to read, -Dean.

Hi Dean,

Can you private message mw with your telephone number and I will look into that for you.

Thanks, Mark

Hi DeanH544,

I got your details thanks, it may take a few days to investigate the history of the issue in full. I will get back to you with an update.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 46 DeanH544

Hi Dean,

Can you private message mw with your telephone number and I will look into that for you.

Thanks, Mark

Sent, Here's a speedtest result which is just terrible considering im paying 80euro for a 7mb package and usually get 6.2Mb/s result. 1480715857.png

Sent, Here's a speedtest result which is just terrible considering im paying 80euro for a 7mb package and usually get 6.2Mb/s result. 1480715857.png

Hi DeanH544,

Thanks for the additional info, I will get back to you as soon as I have an update.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement